-3-

Taeyang stepped into the dorm that he shared with Juho, Inseong, and Jaeyoon. He had just gotten back from recording for his new dance video coming out the next day. The dorm was dark, so when the lights came on, he was unsurprised to see the other band members standing there with a store-bought cake and an envelope.

Taeyang didn't need to ask to know that he must have gotten the role.

He had actually forgotten about it. He had only practiced and sent in his video a week before after going over a couple of other scenes with Hwiyoung. After that, he didn't need to practice anymore--until he knew if he got the role or not. He distracted himself with their new album and his dance covers.

Now that he got the role, he was internally panicking. All of his worries came rushing to him all at once.

Will there be any kissing scenes?

Who's the other lead?

How far would I have to go?

Yet, he smiled for his members, and gladly accepted the cake (because who denies a free cake?).

"So, now that you're our new gactor. How does it feel?" Jaeyoon said taking Taeyang's coat and throwing it on the couch. Everyone else immediately went to the kitchen to cut into the cake. 

"Gactor?"

"Gay actor, obviously," the dark-haired male said.

Taeyang shook his head and couldn't help laughing at the new word. He ignored it's meaning entirely. "That's isn't a word."

The other stood his ground. "It is now. So, Mr. Gactor, how's it feel to finally get a lead role?"

Taeyang shook his head. "Please don't call me that."

Jaeyoon frowned. "Why not?"

"Well, no offense, but I'm not gay. It's just a role."

"None taken. Now please, answer my question."  

They were now making their way to the kitchen. Taeyang didn't want to hurt Chani's or Seokwoo's feelings by saying he wasn't really happy about it. So he just said, "It'll be a fun experience."

Dawon came over a slapped Taeyang on the back. "That's the spirit!" he exclaimed. Taeyang noticed the open bottle of Soju in Dawon's hand. Jaeyoon grabbed the bottle and immediately went in the direction of his boyfriend. Dawon, with a grumbling noise, followed after.

Juho walked over with two cups of what Taeyang assumed was some sort of alcoholic beverage. "We're allowed to drink since we're on break tomorrow due to your meeting. You only get water or juice though, sorry."

Taeyang grunted. He looked inside his cup. It was apple juice. "Wow, thanks."

"Hey, Hwiyoung's not drinking either, so you two can be sober together," the other said as he took a sip from his cup.

"Hwiyoung isn't drinking?"

Juho shrugged. "He didn't say why. He just denied a drink when Jaeyoon offered."

The purple-haired male didn't ponder too much on that matter. He did find it slightly odd, but then again, practically all of his friends were odd.

"I can tell by the look on your face that you aren't too thrilled to get the part," Juho said after a moment of watching Chani, Rowoon, Jaeyoon, Inseong, and Dawon trying to make music with their cups. Youngbin and Hwiyoung were nowhere to be seen. 

Tae sighed. "I'm not, but I am."

"That makes sense. It's the first time you've gotten a lead. And as a fellow heterosexual, getting the lead for a BL can be worrisome."

The younger stared at Juho. "You're giving off old man vibes."

The elder laughed. "I'm attempting to share some of my wisdom with you, thank you very much." He shook his head. "But seriously, you don't have to act in the drama if you don't want to." 

"I know," Taeyang said. He wasn't sure himself as to why he wasn't backing out of the role. He was sure there were probably hundreds of other people who auditioned that the producers could choose from if he did back out.

"Where did Youngbin and Hwiyoung go?" he asked when he realized the two were nowhere to be seen.

"Inseong sent them to the store to buy snacks and ice cream," Juho answered. Then a cupcake hit the side of his face.

Taeyang burst out laughing. Yougnbin stood in the doorway of the kitchen holding a tray of chocolate frosted cupcakes, one was missing. "Goal!" the brunette yelled. 

Hwiyoung walked into the kitchen with his own few trays of cupcakes. He handed one of the trays to Juho, and another one to Taeyang. He passed to rest to the other members.  Hwiyoung gave Taeyang a gummy smile before smashing a cupcake in the elder's face.

Taeyang accidentally snorted some of the cupcake as he stood there surprised. Hwiyoung's smile looked so sweet and innocent. 

Taeyang quickly shook his head and ran after the blonde. The drama could wait 'till the next day. 

--------------------

a/n: i apologize for the short chapters, they will get longer i promise. and ik this is moving really slow, but it'll get faster eventually.... 

who's your sf9 bias? mine's hwiyoung. my bws are taeyang and inseong uwu