Save Me a Spark--Kyle's POV

°°°I wrote this chapter because of Sleeping With Sirens new song, "Save Me a Spark" I recommend listening to it while reading. Thanks for 100 reads guys!

Johnnie drifted away, and I smiled when he began faintly snoring. His face was so naïve, so innocent when he was asleep. Finally he was my sleeping beauty. No evil queen would steal him away from me.

"Yo! Kyle, wanna get something to eat? You haven't eaten anything in ages." Bryan called through the closed door. "Sure! I could go for some Taco Bell, actually." I didn't want to leave Johnnie, but I needed to stay strong if I was to help him stay strong. Ah, at least he had the nice nurse who'd been watching him.

"Kyle, let's go!" Bryan shouted. I heard someone shush him and him reply with a sarcastic scoff. I chuckled and started out the door. As I turned the doorknob, Johnnie snorted a bit and mumbled, "I love you, Kyle." I grinned manically, turned, kissed him once on the forehead and left.

Bryan was standing against the wall looking awkward. He grimaced at all who passed, trying to smile, I guess. It was pretty funny, so I filmed a minute or two until Bryan noticed and put me in a headlock. I surrendered the footage, but he let me keep it. 

After Taco Bell, we headed back to the hospital. A nurse had called us and told us Johnnie'd been asking for me. She also said we could take him home, as long as we came back in 2 weeks to take the stiches out. We agreed.

I walked into the barren hospital room and found Johnnie blasting music from his phone. I sat next to him and took an earbud out. He knodded at me as if to say 'listen'. I put in the earbud and hugged Johnnie with one arm. It was "Save Me a Spark", one of the new songs from Sleeping With Sirens album 'Madness'. We sat there listening to music for half an hour. Bryan came in and told us we could go home. He figited with his All Time Low wristband, and I knew there was a catch. "What is it?" Johnnie and I asked. We smiled grimly at one another. Bryan sighedand said, "They'll let you go if you go to therapy...they said you could take Kyle with you if it helps..."

Johnnie looked at the floor an whispered "Okay. I can do this."

The nurse came in, and I knew she'd been listening. "Alright, dearies, time to go!" We left the hospital and I drove us home. Bryan napped in the back seat, while Johnnie and I listened to more music in the front.  As we neared the house, "Save Me a Spark" began to play again. We sang along, then when the song ended, I asked Johnnie, "Will you save me a spark?"

He looked at me, confused, then said "What do you mean?" 

"I mean, will you tell me the next time you want to die or cut? I want to save your spark, and let your ashes grow to a bonfire." He looked at me with wistful eyes and said "Of course. You are my anchor now. I lost my anchor when I ran, and lost my head along with it. I'll never leave unless you leave me."

I looked at him, then pulled into the driveway. We got out of the car and woke Bryan up. We went inside and Bryan fell back asleep. I walked upstairs and Johnnie followed me. We sat on the edge of his bed and I said "Johnnie, I really love you. No one will take that away from us, and I hope you'll realize that." He smiled a little smile, the leaned over and kissed my cheek. I looked a him, then kissed his nose. He laughed, and we fell backwards onto the bed.

"You'll never leave?" He asked. 

"Never." I replied. 

"Guess I'll need to live forever, cause the only time I'll die is when you stop loving me." Johnnie smiled. I grinned and kissed his lips. He pushed me away and began to cuddle against my arm. I snuggled against him and we fell asleep that way. It was the most peaceful night of sleep I'd ever had.

°°°So cute!!!! I couldn't be happier you guys! I have 100 reads! That, and Madness is coming out in two days. I cannot wait! I didn't expect 100 reads, but I'm so grateful! If you have requests, just comment. I love you all! Stay beautiful, iridescet pearls.