ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟡

꧁꧂

Cassie hadn't left her room for the rest of the night, she neglected her prefect duties, homework that was due tomorrow, and friends that had come knocking on her door to ask how it went, but when they weren't given an answer its seemed as though they already do.

Joseph and Daphne had tried knocking for almost an hour, but it was no use, Cassie just needed space. Cedric had even come by and when she hadn't opened the door he guessed that she was somewhere patrolling.

The raven haired girl didn't bother to answer the door, she just wanted to stay huddled in her bed. She didn't utter a word once Hermione left, the room had since filled with silence. 

Her mind though, that was another story. She was thinking about all of her and the bushy haired girls past interactions and how she read their relationship so wrong. I mean Hermione did kiss her back, so did she like her back or not?

She was getting dizzy in her mess of thoughts. Who was Hermione taking? When had this mysterious person even asked her? Did Hermione fancy her or were the feelings completely one sided and she imagined the whole thing?

She was confused and honestly embarrassed. She had put herself out there even with it being a possibility that Hermione would reject her and came out of the whole thing as a fool and if there's one thing she hated, it was making a fool out of herself.

Maybe she should've never asked in the first place, the sadness that Hermione didn't want her wouldn't be looming over her and mainly she wouldn't have been rejected.

There was definitely a fear of rejection inside of her, maybe it stemmed from the fact that she always feared she would be rejected by her mother, not good enough for the mistress of evil, but she would likely never admit that.

And on top of all the emotions the girl was feeling, she was mad. Mad that Hermione had given her false hope. I mean if that kiss never happened then she would've never built the courage to ask the girl out.

But now she knew the feelings were one sided, at least that's what she was thinking right now, and she wouldn't let herself think otherwise.

One rule that Cassie always tried to follow in her life was to never go in to anything having expectations, it only gives you room to be let down. And here she was, breaking it, expecting to take Hermione to the ball.

No matter how hard she tried she just couldn't clear her mind and it was killing her. If she thought about Hermione for one more second she felt as if she would die.

Suddenly Cassie hopped out of bed and put her quidditch jumper on making her way to the door. As she opened it she was stopped in her tracks by a small letter with her name on it.

She could tell that handwriting anywhere.

Hermione.

She scoffed as she lifted the folded piece of parchment. she headed back inside her room and tossed it onto her desk, exiting the room once again.

As she turned into another corridor she bumped into Felix Rosier, who was the other prefect for Slytherin.

"Cassie, I haven't seen you patrolling?" He questioned. Cassies eyes widened as she struggled to come up with an excuse "Right, erm, I was just...studying for O.W.L.S. have to get ahead."