06.

APOLLO lifted his head off the table, waking startled and confused from his surroundings. He didnt remember going to sleep, and was feeling his...dream?memory? slipping away from his grasp and he was desperate to remember it. Blonde hair, fluffy, white bedsheets, burning arms, someone was screaming-why were they screaming? And a warm hold and... and... "FUCK!" It was gone. He finally started to notice his surroundings, he was sat at the table he had dinner at earlier, but now it was dark, the sky was filled with purples and navy blues blended together, littered with stars. It was chilly, the hairs on Apollo's arms stood straights like soldiers and the area was deserted. He was alone. Again.

"Hey? Apollo?" It was Jeff, he walked over to where he was slouched at the table cautiously, as though Apollo was some harmed animal, usually when people approached him with apprehension it was because he intimidated them. He didnt like how he was being looked at, it filled his stomach with burning rage. "Hey."
"Are you okay man? You shouted really loudly, seemed upset." The feeling settled and instead was replaced with an unfamiliar feeling, it was warm and felt like taking a sip of a hot beverage. It was slightly unsettling but he wasn't against it.
"Got pissed off." His words were short and clipped. More so than usual.
"Care to explain why?" Jeff's voice was completely different: his was soft and calming, his words spoken all the way through-the length they should be.
"No." Jeff curled his lips into each other to resemble an awkward smile. They sat in silence, neither one having something to say until Apollo took notice of jeff's body language. His eyes were drooping, his head was tilted higher up than usual and every so often his jaw would slowly drop down and he was struggling to keep his mouth closed, trying to suppress a yawn; he was forcing himself awake. For Apollo's ... benefit? He wasn't sure, but he was staying awake for him.

"Hey, you should get some sleep, ill watch over you." Jeff seemed blatantly uncomfortable with that thought.
"Do you not trust me?" Apollo didnt cover-up the meaning of his words or say them in a complicated way, there was no need and it was a waste of time, he was direct and blunt with his words. It didn't often bode well with people.
"What?!- it's- no-i- no- i" Jeff was taken back, stuttering as he tried to rack his brain for a response.
"If it gets you to sleep, I'll... put a bit of trust in you. WHICH I DONT DO! Then it'll go both ways." The boy next to him seemed surprised and pleased with his words.
"Okay."
"Stop smiling like that!" Apollo scolded, mostly serious, before bringing his hand up to his neck and slits his finger underneath the rope of his necklace and pulls it out from under his shirt and over his head. "Here." He handed it to Jeff gently, and only lets go when he's sure its in his hand.
"Who's Rosa and polly?" He asks softly.
"Me and my mum. She's rosa," his voice was as gentle as it has ever been, it lowers and becomes smooth apposed to the slight gravel in his usual voice. Jeff offers him a small smile and hands the necklace back to him and hunches over on the table, the right side of his head rested on his crossed arms on top of the table. He looks up at Apollo and gives him a small smile and Apollo looks down with a blank face, 'haha got yah! That's pretty much a smile!'.

Apollo thinks he's fallen asleep until mumbles, "so are we like friends then?"
"Piss off."
"you didnt deny it!" Jeff says in a sing-song voice. Apollo says nothing.

Unedited.
_______