Just Another Day At The Club

Atlanta POV

                “Wassup biznitches?!?!?!?!” some random guy says quite loudly. I sit up and realize River is no longer next to me. I put on of River’s shirts on and walk out in to lounge area. I yawn while stretching. “……Let’s go see if Atlanta is up yet,” River says walking in. “Oh, you’re up and cute as ever.” He approaches to kiss me, but someone rudely interrupts. “You were right! She is beautiful River.” The stranger looks at me. He runs up and kisses my forehead, playfully twirling me around by my waist. “I might have to keep her for myself.” River won’t let him, right? Right?? No he’s not gunna lend me out like a piece of trash. He’s not like that……..But what do I know? I’ve only known him for 6 days. Oh crap! I have to go back tomorrow! “C’mon Jasper. Don’t be like that. You know how I feel,” River protests. I was right. Wait. Before I even knew, it was out of my mouth. “What feelings, exactly?” River turns bright red. Jasper lets out an “Oooooooooo”. 

                “How about some breakfast?” River says, trying to change the subject. Tears fill my eyes and I collapse on the ground. What if he doesn’t like me? What if the only guy I truly liked is a total jackass? What if he really does want me for sex, but he is leading me on so I will do better? What if? These questions filled my head instantly. I know, I know. I’m not being logical. Whatever. Jasper awkwardly makes his way around me, seeing as I landed on his feet. “I’m going to go….eat.” With that he was in the kitchen. River is at my side trying to figure out this day’s drop to emotion.  I just can’t deal with this anymore. I need a way out. 

The next day…..

                I’m currently standing outside the club by River’s truck. I can’t do this anymore. Now, River knows. He cares. Don’t doubt without logical reasoning. We learned this yesterday. Be honest. I heavily sigh staring at that horrid place. I really don’t want to go back but my siblings are there. River asks, “Are you alright babe?” This puts my mind back in perspective. “I guess. That doesn’t matter now though. I really don’t want to leave you River.” I get teary-eyed, but am forced to hold it back because I’m in a public place where people know Boss. He grabs my face, looking forceful to others, but gentle to me. River whispers, “I will be here every time you are on stage. Look for me.  I promise. I will be there. Call me as soon as you find out dates and times. Don’t forget my main promise……..I WILL get you out.” I smile with my eyes, not my mouth. I was, in fact, frowning. He understood my message.

 “I won’t doubt you. I’m sorry to drag you down here again, but I’m on tonight. My sister warned me. That’s why we had to come back at 11 in the morning.” River reveals a deep secret that I don’t know if I should believe. “Atlanta, I love youJ.” He sticks the money for my visit in my lingerie and kisses me tenderly. I, not walk, but run to our room. I tell Blaine about the events of this week and, mainly, the events of about two minutes ago. She is shocked then informs me we are to get ready and ‘prepare’ for tonight’s events. I trot to the phone and dial River’s number. “C’mon, C’mon, C’mon. Pick up, Pick up, Pick up.” “Hey, I returned her. What the hell do you want?” River says harshly. I tear up, and I manage to choke out, “It’s Atlanta….” “Oh my god! I’m soooooo sorry. I thought it was your boss.” “I was just saying that I’m going on tonight as soon as we open.” “I’ll be there. Love you.” *click* I return to my room and prepare. At 4 o’clock, we dance onto the stage and do our group dance. I spot River in the front row. All the girls do their single dances and now it’s my turn. My dance takes me off the stage into the crowd. A guy comes up to me and grabs every possible place he can to violate me. “Back off dick. You gotta pay for that,” I yell at him. He almost vomits and River knees him in the balls while punching him in the face. River grabs my waist and whisks me out of that dreadful place. We get in the car and just drive. Don’t know where or for how long but we’re going.

Jeremiah POV

            “You’ve got to be kidding! Seriously?!” Josh maneuvers to grab but suddenly stops. He pulls out his phone then leaves without saying a word. Either Dad, Mom, or Boss want something. It’s got to be! He wouldn’t have just left otherwise. That’s obvious. I questioned his work, he wouldn’t just leave without at least punching me. Josh cares, right? Yes, of course he does. Don’t be stupid. As I mentally argue with myself, one of the girls, Breena, walk out of the room. God! She’s so innocent. She just arrived at the club three days ago. Her dad abused her and her mother until her mother died then he started drinking. He got fired from his job which only made him drink more and become more abusive. Since he’s short on funds and a friend of Dad and Josh’s, he learned and decided to put Breena in the club for money for his ……..let’s call it, habit.

            She asks, “Where’s Josh?” in the tiny, innocent-sounding, non-opinionated voice of hers. She’s only sixteen. I respond, “He’s had an emergency to tend to. Go put your street clothes on. I’ll put the…other clothes away later, when I get back. I’ll drive you back to the club.” I feel bad for taking her back, but it’s only protocol. I’m saving Josh and he knows it because I will not develop any feelings for anyone but my sisters until I get them out. Josh knew I would handle it. Breena walks out in her ripped jeans, pink and blue plaid shirt, and black high top converse. We get in my truck and begin out thirty minute ride. I stop at the light and notice that Breena is playing with her straight, long, red hair. She’s anxious. “Why are you nervous?” I ask as the light changes to green.

            She looks up with tears rimming her eyes. She chokes out, “I’m not.” I can tell she’s lying. It bothers me how she can’t be honest with me. It bothers me how natural it is for her to deny pain. After approximately ten minutes, I pull off into the corn field and turn off the engine. “Alright, tell me what’s wrong.” She looks out the window. “I said nothing. What’s your problem? You don’t care about me. Just take me back to the club,” she says, sounding hurt but covering anger and sadness. Well, this could take awhile……