✯Dark Desire✯

Start from the beginning

The Pandavas palace was much larger and bigger than my father's palace.

I walked into the garden, no it was a mini forest. The fresh air I inhaled was a total bliss to my lungs.

It didn't take as long as I thought it would take to reach the lake. The atmosphere had a relaxing, soothing, and calming effect on me. A feeling I didn't feel in a long time.

The sun was half set now, taking away the light with it, making the sky darker. But not dark enough to notice a man standing dangerously at the end of the lake.

He looked ready to fall in. But who would do such kind of idiot-

A scream rips through me as that man plummeted down. I immediately dive in only to realise I don't know how to swim.

"Help! Someone please help me," I cried out. How can I be such a fool?

I kept kicking my legs, no use. The water sucked me in, getting into my eyes and ears.

I don't want to die. I wished for it to come when I forgot an answer in the Neet test, but now I don't want it to come.

God, please have mercy on me, I prayed, closing my eyes tighter.

Two tight arms wrap around me and pull me against the gravity.

I didn't expect God to respond so soon.

The person pulled me up as if I weighed like a feather.

The man hoisted me against his broad chest.

"Can you hear what I'm saying?" said a familiar voice, tapping my cheeks. I wanted to respond, but my body didn't allow it.

"Jyothi-Jyothi," the voice said rubbing my hands and legs, spreading warmth in various directions.

Out of great difficulty, I open the weight of my eyes. Karna was gawking at me upside down. Fear and worry filled his eye.

"Why did you jump in there?" He asked, almost cried, his quavering hands caged me, like he never wanted me to leave again.

"I wanted to save you," I said, my voice came out low and unsteady. The coldness was more outside than inside the waters.

"How can you save me, when you already killed me?" he said, making my jaws drop to the ground.

What did I do to make him want to take his own life?

"I could never do something like that," I object. The. The coldness, weakness was all replaced by anger for false accusation on me.

"You killed me when you said when shouldn't see you again," he replied, squeezing my arms.

Our eyes dueled, accusing each other until I gave up.

"Karna I'm-" I said, but he cut me off. "Don't give me that lame reasons. It's always your priorities, your problems. Have anyone ever considered my happiness? My feelings?" He said. More like all his bottled anger was bursting out.

His eyes were moist with anger. What made him like this? Who made him feel like this?

Tears of anger streamed down his face, but his eyes were focused beyond the sense of feeling anything.

I get rid of those tears from his sharp and defined face. I'm still admiring his beauty when something warm lands on my lips.

I realise it's Karna's lips, latching on to mine. His lips were soft; certainly million times softer than my bed. He tasted of lemon. And something like coriander and mint. He tasted exactly like what I wanted right then - he tasted of love.

I pulled away, mortified. "I'm sorry. So damn, damn sorry," garbled. "Forget me now. Please,"

Without his response, I turned to leave. I don't care where I go-my room, back to the future, the moon-as long as it's for away from Karna.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked in a low voice, and his hands shot out to grab my hands.

I whimpered. "That hurts." I was lying.

"Does it now?" His other arm snaked around my exposed waist, pulling me to him. It feels like I have been caged. "And this?" Quick as a flash, his head dipped low and captured mine.

My response was automatic, like breathing in. For someone who hadn't kissed before, I did an extraordinary job. His hands came up at the back of my head, his fingers treading the tendrils of my unruly raven black hair. Lips parting, I allowed him to deepen the kiss, my hands eagerly roaming the plains of his unyeliding chest.

So this is what it feels like, I thought, wondering if this was an incredibly realistic dream. If it was, I never wanted to wake up.

Karna became tired of bending and, without pulling away from me, he hoisted me up against the trunk of a tree. My legs cinched themselves around his waist and my hands ran along his jaw, the prickle of his stubble almost as good as the feel of the happy trail that led to the snake in his kurtha-

The wedding of the future king of Pandavas will be held on the first muhurutham of the sixth month. The priest's voice resounded in my head.

Just like that, I came crashing down into reality.

"Karna," I breathed into his mouth, "Karna, stop." His mouth moved to the side, and he bore holes into my soul.

"Do you really want me to stop?" He asked, in a sensual voice, making me weak in the knees. Thank god he was holding me up.

(Oh! I didn't want you to stop.)

"Y-yes," I looked away, desire to have him right then and there. Love him until I can't anymore, that's all I wanted to, but I can't.

"A lie," he said, kissing that part of my neck where even the slightest touch felt like a foreplay.

"Oh god I need you," I moaned out, and I guess I saw a smirk of victory playing on his lips.

The sky looked like someone had shut off the starts and moon. The darkness felt heavy, oppressive, almost supernatural. It was not darker than the desire I had now, a dark desire to have Karna

 It was not darker than the desire I had now, a dark desire to have Karna

Has Jyothi made the right choice?

Drop your opinions in the comment section.

Also don't forget to click on the star button.