- - - -

Sneaking out of the castle was relatively easy. Our family was still at dinner, and the guards don't care to question two princesses.

"What does it mean it's in the east part?" I ask as we make our way to the edge of the village. The blanket of night covering our path.

"I, unlike you, kept reading. The book says the beans grow in a certain kind of soil, a soil found in the East Heart Forest. Thankfully it's not too far."

"Wonderful," I say and we start toward the shadow of trees on the horizon.

After about twenty minutes of walking, we reach the edge of the forest. Small lanterns break through the thick layer of trees. Giving the forest a friendly yet omniscient glow.

"Your highnesses what are you doing here?" A small fairy with light green wings and jet black hair asks us, appearing from behind a tree.

"We are here for some magic beans. We are doing a study about the culture of Florisian." I quickly answer.

"Why so late? If you don't mind me asking.." The fairy asks, trying to be as unobtrusive as possible.

"Just finished dinner, thought a nice night walk would be relaxing," Ana says sweetly.

The fairy nods, "My name is Iridis, follow me."

She begins to fly into the agglomeration of trees, carefully weaving through each branch.

Ana and I follow, struggling a little with the thicket. All around us fairies wisp through the trees. Each leaving a different color trail of dust, causing a light show to form around us. Only partially visible, but still magnificent.

Eventually, the branches become fewer, and we enter a clearing filled with rows of small saplings, and an even larger amount of fairies fluttering about.

"These beans take great care to grow," Iridis says, stopping at one of the rows of saplings. "Very few grow properly." She flutters on toward a small shed near the back of the field.

We follow, and soon we are walking through the wooden door.

Inside is a surprisingly large room, covered with different pots. Each illuminating with a vivid green light.

In the center of the room is a large table. Four black boxes lie on top.

Iridis walks over to one and waves her hand over. The top of the box opens, and a small, green bean rests inside.

"We only have four," She says. "We keep them under constant protection."

"Wonderful, we'll take all of them," I say calmly.

She gives me a surprised glance. "If you don't mind me asking, why do you need all of them?"

"You know to um, see the differences in colors," I say quickly, trying to disperse from the matter.
To my dismay her face doesn't hold any doubt. She simply nods and begins to wave her hand again, only this time a purple pouch appears in her opposite hand, and the lids of all the boxes disparate, their contents becoming bare.

"Here you are," she hands Ana the bag.

"Thank you," we both say in unison.

"I'll take you back now," Iridis replies, starting toward the door once more.

I follow her, Ana right behind.
We make the same journey, though this time the torch light seemed a little softer, and the color of the fairies a little brighter.

When we reach the end of the forest we say goodbye, then start back toward the castle.

"So when do you suppose we are going to use these beans?" Ana asks, trying to admire the pouch in the darkness. "We might be able to go tomorrow if we pack quick enough."

"No," I say sharply. "We leave tonight."

Peter Pan's POV
Modern Day

Darkness. It surrounds me. It shouts to me. It engulfs me.

The only ounce of light I see, is through a tiny window on the wall of my cell. Enough to see the scraps of food I eat, and enough to see the shackles around my body. Yet it's the tracking of time that attracts me to the light so much.
So many days. One thousand, one hundred and eleven to be exact.

The sounds I hear are the slight buzzes of a world below me, and his ghastly voice, penetrating into my already weakened state.

My world is darkness, yet I don't see it. For when I close my eyes I see her. The sarcastic girl with waves in her hair, and waves of ocean in her eyes. The girl I fell in love with.

The light though the window is beginning to fade from it's maximum brightness, meaning the evening shift of the day has taken control. Which means he'll be here soon, to deliver the scraps he calls my food.

As if on cue, the sliding part of my cell door opens, and a tray filled with muck comes through.

"Hello," he says. "How's my little magic-less Peter Pan?"

I remain quiet and, as always, he continues.

"I hope you enjoy your meal."

My vocal chords remain silent, and I focus on forcing myself to eat what little substance I've been given.

I hear him begin to leave, and a trace of relief trickles through me. Only to be broken, as it always is.

"Before I go I thought you might be interested in something."

He pauses for a moment.

"I hear the whispers of the fairies. They call gently, but are full of excitement. It seems your sweet little Arabella, is finally headed our way."