If you had the energy, you would've smiled. The light meant that someone was there. There was an actual person somewhere outside the door.

"There's a chance I could be rescued after all."

Your excitement didn't last long, though. You began coughing uncontrollably, and what made it worse what that you had no idea why. After your coughing died down, you took a deep breath in. As soon as you did, you knew it was a bad idea.

It was fire.

The excitement from before had completely left.  Smoke filled your lungs, causing to cough even more. Your breathing grew faster. As long as you stayed still, there was obviously no way you were going to live.

The blame is mine alone,

You tried to get up. You really, really did. Being without food and for so long was obviously taking a toll on your body, but you didn't think it would be this much. You couldn't even stand. Trying to push yourself up with your arms, you noticed them shaking like leaves before you collapsed back onto the ground. You felt an awful pain in your lower back probably due to the fact that you had been sitting on a flat, hard surface for so long.

Panic was evident in your face. You had come to terms with the fact that there was a more than likely chance you were going to die. You didn't like it, but whether you did or not didn't really matter. Whatever was going to happen was inevitable regardless of if you liked it.

The room started filling with more smoke, and you felt that you were going to pass out. Soon enough, you did.

For bridges I have burned.

He was on a mission. Save as many prisoners as possible, even if they were criminals, and get out of there alive. It was supposed to be a breeze.

Right when he entered the building, he found a dark, gloomy feel to it. It wasn't exactly a happy place, to put it simply. No matter, the mission had to get done. He took the right wing first. There were twelve rooms and he had to bust open all of them in case there was anyone in them. One by one, he kicked them down, creating a piercing sound each time.

In the first one, there was a male he didn't waste enough time to catch any details, he just dragged the unconscious man out of the building and ran back in to check the other rooms. After he had finished the dreadfully long process for all twelve rooms, he ran towards the left wing to finish the last twelve.

So don't apologize.

Just his luck that that was day some idiot wanted to set the place on fire. The fire started at the very end of the left wing and was growing fast so he had only a little bit of time to get the people in the rooms outside. Slowly but surely, the job was getting done. The prisoners were being dropped off in front while his partner pulled the aboard a ship he had out front.

When it came to last door, the fire had grown massively. There was an immense amount of smoke, causing him to fall to his knees in a fit of coughing. It was tough, but he held it together. The mission was his first priority. After taking a few seconds to recover,  he kicked the last door down and picked up the girl in it. She too was unconscious like the others. To get to where his partner was outside, he had to run through the fire a bit. Taking one big breath, he made a mad dash through the fire, getting plenty of burns on the way. Once outside, his partner helped him get the girl aboard the ship. He too climbed in and closed the hatch behind him.

"Some complications, Fair?" Angeal asked as he flew the ship away.

"Yeah, sabotage or something. Didn't get a chance to see," Zack mumbled while grabbing a first aid kit to put some burn cream on his arm. "But I got all the hostages out."

"Good. Let's head back to headquarters."

I'm losing what I don't deserve,

Next thing you knew, you were in a bed as opposed to the cold, hard ground. There was the beat of a heart rate machine and you were positive that you could feel an IV in your arm without even opening your eyes.

Your throat still felt like sandpaper, but not as bad. You could feel that you definitely had more energy than you did last time you were awake.

Opening your eyes, you found the lights were off and that there was no one else there. You breathed for a few moments before you got restless. You hadn't actually moved for a while and you thought that you might as well try. Attempting to get up, you found that your right hand was stuck to the bed. More like hand-cuffed.

What I don't deserve.

"Well, Fuck"

* * *

 Hello everyone! Sorry for the delay on this chapter. Blame my laptop -_- Friendly reminder that I do put little parallels, references, etc. in my writing and guessing them might getcha something special...if I can think of anything XD Also, anyone wanna make a cover for moi? I don't think Baymax is very fitting for this story. Anyways, remember to rate 1-10. Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed it! Oh, and happy Pi Day! I'mkindofamathgeek