Arc 2, Chapter 1: A New Beginning

Start from the beginning

"For me, I and my siblings were turned into Espers and I was ostracized by my friends including Cathy. A few months later, my little sister went missing and my brothers were murdered and kidnapped. Thankfully, one of my brothers survived, but the other one didn't. His name is Daniel, though"

"Daniel? Is he hot? I wanna see him!"

"Later when we go back to the tower, okay? Say, have you joined Azure Shield?"

"Damn right I did. I'm also a member of Azure Shield, and I got this cool shield insignia embroidered to our cardigans!"

"Me too! Dr. Marina made these to distinguish between us and the rest of the students. There are only like 4 or 5 members here? It wasn't a pretty big organization, but we're still recruiting"

"Cool, maybe I can join you on your next daily patrol?"

"No probs, Nicole. Let's go grab a bite to eat at the cafeteria!"

Rachel and Nicole went to the cafeteria for a brunch. Cathy also joined the two Esper girls after hearing that they're holding a brunch to celebrate their reunion. On their way to the cafeteria, Rachel and her friends are blocked by a tall female Esper with a long platinum blonde and purple hair. Her name was Celia Amethyst, a popular idol from an unknown foreign country. Following her is her lackey, Misaki Kusakabe. She was a brunette Esper with a pair of glasses that treats Celia as if she was her master.

"I'm sorry, ladies but the cafeteria is reserved for me!"

"Why? Everyone is allowed to eat and drink there, right?"

"Yes, but I have more privileges than you. Can't you see that I'm a very popular idol? Unlike that girl over there. I heard that her career when downhill faster than a boulder rolling off from a mountain ever since she got her ass kicked out from her idol agency. Not to mention, her parents are actually dirt poor!"

"How could you!"

"Oh, from what I heard, her parents aren't actually into entertainment-related stuff. They're just selling red bean buns and steamed chestnut cakes on a bakery that her family-owned. For me, my family is making millions out of my fame, unlike that douchebag over there!"

"I heard you're talking shit about me!"

"Aw snap! Now that bitch's gonna get me!"

Yurika walked into the scene as she heard Celia making fun of her life with an angry look on her face. Celia was very surprised seeing Yurika in her civvies, and not her idol look. Her brown hair was tied into a braided side plait, and her hazel eyes gleamed like a pair of freshly-cut opal. She grabbed the blonde idol by her collar and bitch-slapped her in the cheek. Celia's left cheek turned red after being slapped by Yurika. She walked away eventually, and Misaki took her somewhere safe. This opens the path for Rachel and her friends to go to the cafeteria and have brunch together. Meanwhile, Yurika is still feeling distraught after Celia made fun of her family and her life. Alfredo was walking through the hallway and saw the former idol crying.

"What's the matter, Yurika?"

"That bitch over there made fun of my life and my parents. I feel very sad because I still can't get over my failure as an idol, and how I lost my fame, my fortune, and my fans. I lost everything because of my accursed Sigil. I don't wanna be an Esper anymore..."

"Don't worry, Yurika. I'll deal with that bitch myself later. I'll make sure that she'll get her just desserts"

"You're my hero, Alfredo!"

Moments later, Rachel and her friends went home from school together after a pretty rough day. She remembered that she was going to have her final test back when she was still in the United States. Since she's no longer a student in her old school anymore, she must start over from the 1st grade. However, she felt happy since she was finally got to study in an inclusive environment where Espers are welcomed, and where she could make new friends with her Esper brethren. She had a lot of fun there, especially during gym class, where she could show her athletic prowess to her friends. Of course, she had to bump into some potential foes like Celia and her lackey Misaki, but it was part of her usual school life.