Chapter 4

"Ughhh, are we done yet!??" Alix groaned as she carried a few bags full of fabrics, pins, buttons, and some embroidery thread. Carrying some bags wasn't the problem, it was Chloé, she had been dragging them along to every. single. flipping. mother of Set. store in the entire fashion district. Even Mari was getting a little tired and she's the one the three of them are shopping for.

Chloé looked around at the stores before nodding her head, "Yes we're done now."

"Thank Anubis!" Alix exclaimed. Marinette giggled at her as the three headed back to the limo where Jean was waiting for them. They didn't have many bags so they didn't need his help currently plus she had to make a few orders anyway since some of the stores didn't have enough of the fabrics that she needed.

"How about we go get something to eat before we do anything else?" Mari looked between the two as they all got back into the limo, Jean entering the driver's seat patiently waiting for instructions. The other two girls nodded in agreement so Marinette turned to face their escort for the day, "Jean, to Café Méricourt* please."

"Of course Mesdemoiselles," he replied as he started the limo and headed in the cafe's direction.

"So what are we doing after this, and please tell me it's not more shopping," Alix asked as she made herself comfortable on the seat.

"No, I think we're good for today, right Chlo?" Mari gave a particularly pointed look at the blonde who huffed at the silent accusation.

"Yes we're done for today," she agreed as she scrolled through her phone, "Ugh, ridiculous, utterly ridiculous, people can't honestly believe this nonsense."

"What is it?" the brunette asked as her and Alix turned to look at Chloé.

"€20 says it's the Liar, €10 says it's one of her sheep." Alix stated having some idea of what it could be.

"Both actually," the blonde simply stated, "I'll transfer the money to your paypal later."

"Do I want to know?" Mari asked her friends.

"Probably not," Alix simply shrugged before changing the subject, "So what are we going to do now then?"

"First we're gonna have a nice lunch, then we'll drop off our things in my room and then we'll go to the park or something, maybe the movies." Mari responded.

Even though she now lives at a hotel she's started to see it as home, it probably helps that Chloé also lives there but still. Living at her parents Bakery, unfortunately, just wasn't an option for her anymore. Granted they left everything under her name, the bakery, the apartment, everything, there were just too many memories. Precious memories, sorrowful memories, so many unforgettable memories that she simply couldn't handle it. So when Chloé offered for her to live with her at Le Grand Paris she accepted as it felt easier for her as she sorted through everything that had happened to her recently.

"Oh oh if we go to the movies we should totes invite Nino! I would include Kim and Max but they're still 'undercover' ya know?" Alix said, bringing Mari out of her thoughts.

"Totes?" Chloé asked a little smug knowing it wasn't a word the tomboy usually used.

"I did just say that, didn't I?" Alix scowled a little at herself, "I can't believe I just said that, I swear if I start turning into a diva-"

"Café Méricourt, as requested Mesdemoiselles," Jean interrupted before Alix could continue.

"Thank you Jean!" Mari replied as she got out of the limo, Chloé and Alix not far behind. They entered the little Café and ordered sitting down at a small table. The trio got into easy conversation as they ate their food but Marinette's mind would wander to her past and everything that happened after.

"Bug? Hello?? Mari? Lia??" Alix called out her name multiple times much like Chloé had that morning, "You ok?" she asked concerned once Marinette finally snapped out of it.

"huh? Oh yeah, yeah I'm fine just thinking is all," she smiled, hoping to convince the two that she was indeed alright, "Should we head back now?"

Alix and Chloé gave each other a slightly skeptical look before turning back to Marinette. Alix answered, "Sure bug" with that they finished up at the café making sure to pay and decided to walk for a little bit before having Jean come collect them. 

~~***~~

"That movie was so cool!" Alix cheered after the now group of four exited the theater.

"Right? I told you it'd be good!" Nino replied excitedly as he snacked on the last of the popcorn the four had been sharing during the movie.

For someone who had a nasty break up with his now ex-girlfriend, he's surprisingly taking it well. He's definitely more assertive when it comes to protecting those he cares about, he always stands up to the others whenever they try to bully Marinette or any of the others. His ex, Alya, blames Marinette thinking that she seduced Nino and made him cheat on her, but what she doesn't understand is that Nino and Marinette realized years ago, before Alya had even met them, that they only saw each other as siblings.

"So what did you dudettes want to do next? I'm free for the rest of the day," Nino asked the girls as he threw away the now empty bag of popcorn.

"I don't know, what do you guys want to do?" Mari replied with a question of her own not really caring what they did next so long as she was with them she was fine.

"How about we get back to my place before the liar and her sheep appear and ruin my mood," Chloé responded typing away at her phone, most likely texting Jean to pick the four up.

"Sounds good to me," Alix shrugged, Nino and Mari also agreeing right as Chloé's limo pulled up. Nino went up to the door and opened it for the girls, letting them get in first before climbing in himself and shutting the door behind him. The four leisurely chatted away as Jean drove them back to Le Grand Paris hotel. Once there they exited the limo laughing about something but that soon ended when they came into the hotel lobby and someone called out to them.

"Marinette!"

"Alix!" The two girls looked up at the call of their names looking for whoever it was that called for them.

"Dad! Jagged! What's up?" Alix asked as she noticed her dad, Alim Kubdel and Jagged Stone heading towards them.

"We're planning a Performing and Visual Arts Charity Gala that will be held at the Louvre -" Alim Kubdel started, only to be cut off by Jagged.

"And we want Marinette's help planning it!"

"What..?"

~~~~~

A/N: I'M ALIVE!

Also Café Méricourt is a real Café in Paris

I looked up actual cafe's in Paris and decided on this one. 

= euros