17. Farewell to Lórien.

Third person's point of view.

An elegant ship, carved in the likeness of a swan, flows through a river. Galadriel stands in it. Ayrn having gone out with the scouting party raced along side the running elves in her unicorn form, the giant white unicorn keeping pace effortlessly with the elves as Galadriel in her swan boat coasted the water. When Ayrn's early patrol was finished she went looking for Aragorn, who had been seated next to Frodo.

The dark haired Hobbit had been antsy and fidgety since she left for her run and was instantly better when she returned. Aragorn's presence helped but not as much as the three of them liked. Reaching the two males, Ayrn lowered her head when Frodo held his arms up for her to lower her head, as he wanted to hug her and lean his face against hers.

***

On shore, a few hours later, cloaks are fastened around the Fellowship with green, silver-veined leaf-brooches. "Never before have we clad strangers in the garb of our own people. May these cloaks help shield you from unfriendly eyes." Celeborn said having stood a few feet away to talk as gifts were given to the members of the fellowship, Ayrn didn't need much in the way of elven gifts but like the others she too received the same cloak, though much larger and wider.

Elves prepare for the departure of the Fellowship. Legolas is among them, shifting parcels into a set of boats provided by the Galadhrim. He holds up a thin wafer for Merry and Pippin to see, as they sit in a boat. "Lembas! Elvish Way-bread. One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man." he said having taken a small bite as he's said would be enough, he walks up onto shore, leaving the Hobbits by themselves.

"How many did you eat?" Merry asked Pippin beside him, "Four." he says and then farts, after Merry just picks his teeth, Ayrn having just passed by back in human form gags a bit, "Heavens that's ripe," she gasps softly, the Hobbit in question didn't hear her say this but Merry did and he almost couldn't help laughing. "Almost as bad as Dwarves," she added before leaving.

***

Catching up with Aragorn and Celeborn, Ayrn was able to figure out what the conversation was about, "Every league you travel south, the danger will increase. Mordor Orcs now hold the eastern shore of the Anduin." As the Elf Lord speaks, the Fellowship climb into the boats. Legolas helps Gimli onboard. Sam tries to steady himself. Frodo is off to the side waiting on Ayrn as he's riding with her and some of their supplies.

***

Meanwhile, Ayrn, Aragorn and Celeborn wander through the heavy mist and sunlight still talking. "Nor will you find safety on the western bank. Strange creatures bearing the mark of the White Hand have been seen on our borders. Seldom do Orcs journey in the open, under the sun, yet these have done so!" Celeborn said his tone full of warning and worry, the three pause, and Aragorn looks down. Celeborn holds an ornate dagger before him.

Aragorn takes it, and unsheathes it; its blade glints. "Le aphadar aen." (You are being tracked.) Celeborn warns in Elvish, Aragorn sheathes the dagger. "By river you have the chance of outrunning the enemy to the Falls of Rauros." he instructs, "It would have been our first choose nonetheless," Ayrn said and Celeborn smirked, "How would you have crossed?" he asked and she smirked, "The little ones would have rode my back as I swam," she said,

"While Aragorn lead the other's by foot along side me," she added and Celeborn nodded, "Before it slips my mind, I believe this was once yours," Celeborn said pulling something from the back of his belt.