Time skip

Two more days have passed. The flower crown has completely withered which made me sad as I had to throw it away. Doctors and nurses came in and out as they were getting ready to start getting Skeppy out of the coma. I remember on the first couple of days he was here they whispered and gossiped to each other about how they were surprised that he was still alive and that he probably wouldn't make it. I thought it was inappropriate and it made me feel extremely bitter.

I was excited for the news that he should be waking up soon and called Zoey. She came with her mom and dad again and they all sat with me as they waited for Zak to finally wake up.

We chatted with each other for a while, maybe an hour or so, as I held onto Zak's hand desperately. His family is very nice and lovely to talk to. Zoey gasp loudly and pointed drawing our attention to Zak. Zak's hand twitched before clenching and we all jolted out of our seats and watched as he started to wake. When he finally opened his eyes his sister and I exclaimed his name in sync. We could see that he was confused about where he was and once he realized he was in the hospital he tried to sit up and his father helped him. 

He then looked around to who he was with and when his eyes lock with mine he became more alive and threw his arms around my neck and pulled me in. I grabbed his side and the bed for support so I wouldn't fall. He held onto me tight and wailed continuous apologies. I was crying before but now my eyes felt like faucets. Through my sobs, I told him it was ok and that I love him so much, and everything will end up fine.

He pulled away from the embrace and kissed me. I was surprised at first, butterflies swarming my guts, and I kissed back. It was sweet and filled with so much love. I wanted to kiss him forever but sadly we ran out of breath and we parted. "I love you too you baldy."  We started cry-laughing until we remembered Zak's family was still there. We both looked at them as they stood there smiling at us and Zoey having a very cheeky grin. We looked away embarrassed as they chuckled. "Where's the love for us?" His mom asked with her arms out. She stepped closer and hugged him. She plants kisses on his head before pulling away and saying, "You know we were worried about you too." as she wiped away some tears. 

Zoey stepped up and hugged him and then smacked him gently on the shoulder scolding him for making her worry and being so stupid. Then his father tried to crack jokes but you could tell he was having a hard time.

We called the doctors in so they check on him. They told us that he should stay one or too more days here to see if he's stable enough to leave. We talked for hours and Zak caught up with his family. I kept shyly trying to hold his hand and when he noticed he would intangle them and give me such a precious smile. Everytime it makes my heart pound. 

I didn't know what we were but I knew I couldn't live without it. Eventually his family left and it was just me and him. We talked for so long. Argued, laughed, teased, kissed. We stared at each other for a while 'til Zak's eyes sadden. He reached his hand out and touched my face, rubbing his thumb under my eyes. "Have you been sleeping Bad?" He asked. An anxious feeling over took me as I placed my hand over his and looked away.

 I can only imagine how tired I may look, I can feel it too, I lacked complete care for myself ever since that day. "No..." I mumbled, "I did have a small nap yesterday though." as if that would make it better. He furrowed his brows, "How long have I been here?" He asked. "Six days."

His eyes widen and he pulled my face to look at him. "You haven't slept in Six days?!" I looked at my feet. "Why on earth would you do that?"

"I-I wanted to make sure you were ok.." tears pricking at the corner of my eyes. He wiped my tears and said, "Darryl, you care too much." That caught me off guard. 

"I care too much? Zak you lied to me! I watched you slowly die without knowing for 3 weeks and I literally watched as you were dying in my arms and you think I care too much?!" I cried.

"What no! I didn't mean it like that Bad, I mean you worry so much you forget how important you are to take care of too. I'm sorry I put you through all that but I still care about you too. You shouldn't be straining yourself so much. Come here," He pats the bed and scotches over , "Can you try and get some sleep? It's getting late anyways and I'm tired too."

"What if something happens?" I asked as I sat on the bed. He smiled and pulled me down, "That's what the doctors are for, and we're fine."  He wrapped his arms around my waist and planted a kiss on my forehead before closing his eyes. I was filled with pure euphoria but I had a question and didn't think I couldn't sleep without an answer.

"Zak?"

"hm?"

"W-what are we?"

He opened his eyes and looked at me for a bit before saying anything.

"What do you want us to be?"

It took me a bit to answer and when I did I was embarrassed and spoke sheepishly. 

"C-can we be...lovers?"

He smiled and pulled me closer, "Then that is what we'll be, Bad Boy."

I buried my flustered face into his shoulder and mumbled, "I love you so much you raggamuffin."

"I love you too baldy."

"Ugh, nevermind I hate you." 

We both laughed. "Night, Bad."

"Goodnight, Skeppy."

________________________________________________________________________________

this is not the end yet. I think imma have one more chapter. then ill go back and fix any errors i made. I feel like i keep saying this but that you guys for all the support and being so patient it means the world to me. i hope you keep enjoying the book.