Cry For My Country.

The bright sunlight slashing through my window.
Makhulu calls to tell us how thin-fleshed the livestock is.
The sheep look like they are five seconds away from death.

The streets are quieter than they've ever been my entire life, where could the people be?
My neighbours had to sell a few of their belongings and rent out one of their rooms to try and get a few cents.

"Molo mmelwane"

"Molo, molo, nivukile?"

"Sivukile mmelwane, nina?"

"Siyazama mmelwane kodwa kunzima"

How hard can it get?

26 March 2020: Our lives changed

Not a single person was to be seen in the streets. Only persons in camouflage, blue uniform and scrubs.

Sis' Thembi still hasn't been called back to work since then. She's lost so much hope in the world.

Hospital beds are running out, the economy is dropping, more and more deaths EVERY. SINGLE. DAY

I walk around with a mask clenched to my face, but what about my younger brother who does not really understand the purpose?

Walking in every shop looking for one item and all I get to is empty shelves, "My friend" over the counter was even falling asleep.

I finally get the item I've been looking for but I am stunned by the price. I can't ask for a discount because these are tough times for everyone.

By chance, I meet an old friend and I can't even hug her, I can't even get close to her, for she is protecting her family and so am I.

By the time I get home my hands are so sticky and my skin is peeling off.

How hard can it get?
Oh dear South Africa...

...

"Out of the mountain of despair, a stone of hope."

~Martin Luther King, Jr.