That One Insignificant Night

As what was decided by Alcina, you transfer to a room near her chambers. Your new room is lot bigger than before and there are some furniture that can sustain the giantess stature. It seems like your normal day every day except that you cannot hang around with her daughters and Alcina spends more time with you and it is alright. You enjoy her company as always.

You spotted some of the maids, transferring wooden boxes of liquor of some kind. Some that are being transferred to the wine room and some on the mistress's room. You are curious about the shipment and you want to know badly why but you keep the idea to yourself. You will ask Alcina about this you thought to your mind.

The maids are careful with the packages. Those were expensive cognac that were bought by Alcina as what you heard from the maids. To know what is is, you go to her private chambers to get information. As you enter her room, she is opening a bottle of cognac. She notices your presence and smiled at you.

"Louis XIII de Remy Martin Black Pearl Grande Champagne Cognac." she started. "It was made by one of the famous brandy producers in France. I love the taste of this drink but nothing compares to the richness of Sanguis Virginis" she is proud of the family's concoction exports while holding a bottle of the liquor.

It is raining for three days and you cannot get out of the castle. You are already bored inside and the lady wasn't able to accompany you in these past few days.

Bela, Cassandra and Daniela rarely came out from their rooms as it is too cold. They are vulnerable when its cold so they locked themselves in their rooms and will only come out when they going to eat. You barely see Alcina also who is busy with paperworks for exporting the wine.

You wake up in the middle of the night as you cannot sleep. You cloaked yourself with a thick blanket and went down to the main library to light up the fireplace and stay for the night. You are startled that Alcina is already in the library, drinking alone and the fireplace is already lit up. You try to act calm and walk in to the library.

"Good evening, Alcina" You greeted the giant lady sitting few meters away from the fireplace. She nodded to greet you back. Only on these times that you only see her wearing a sleeping robe,underneath is matching sleeping wear, the neckline of the dress did not escape from your observation, the neckline reveals the mistress's chasm. She is not also wearing her big black hat that always sits on her head like for almost all of the time. You see her hair as black as a raven and it is braided.

You notice that there are a couple of bottles that are already empty but you don't mind. You take a stool and sit just right next to hearth.

"Cannot sleep, dear?" she asks holding a glass of the expensive brandy she bought few days ago.

"It has been raining for days and it's too cold, I thought I could stay here for the night beside the fireplace" you answered not looking at her. You know that her eyes is now fixated to you.

"You can sleep beside me in my room if you want to, you have my permission with that." she tone. You just nodded at her request.

"Care for a drink? It will help you warm up." she offers you the liquor she is currently drinking. You did not hesitate and you take the drink that she offers. You went back to your stool and watch the fire dancing from the hearth.

Only the sound of the wind, rain and thunder from the other side of the wall, and the sound of wood burning from the blazing fire.

"I see that you already drink a couple of bottles from this." You broke the silence.

"It's just a few." She answered. You finished your drink in one gulp and stand up to get another. Alcina pour the drink for you. You thank her for that.