𝟯𝟭. 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗲, 𝘁𝘀𝘂𝗺𝘂

Start from the beginning

something that the twins took notice of.

so, naturally, atsumu is the first one to make a playful jab at you, nudging your elbow. "damn, y/n, and here i was, really startin' to think that you were emotionless."

you snap out of your lovey daze, but your eyes stay glued to the fine piece of man on the screen. you hum in a nervous confusion, "haha... w...what do you mean?"

osamu replies to you, grey eyes analyzing your form while he grabs a handful of popcorn and slowly begins eating it, speaking in between bites. "what does he mean?" he reaffirms, and you belatedly nod, mind somewhere else. mind on jj.

"...means that jj maybank seems
to have caught your eye, is all."

"oh." you exhale, blinking owlishly, slowly comprehending what he was suggesting. you nibble on your bottom lip, face growing warm.

"i just think he's cool." and damn right you did.

"yeah, i can tell."

you smile in response.
and then it's silent for a good while, maybe fifteen minutes or so, and surprisingly, the miya twins seemed to have calmed down a bit.

when the episode ends, osamu turns to you before you can even finish swallowing a bite of popcorn. "say, y/n..."
you give him your full attention, smiling, voice soft-
"yeah?"

"me and tsumu's dad... he really likes yer mom." he tells you, tone serious yet innocuous. you're reluctant, but you nod. "my mom really likes your dad, too."

a warm hand- atsumu's hand- is suddenly weighing on your shoulder, urging you to turn around and face him with sparkly, doe eyes; skin shining faintly in the artificial light of the television. his eyes avert when you meet them.

"but..." he starts, voice hesitant.

"thing is...."

with every word, your heart beats faster, atmosphere undeniably thick and stuffy. he looks back to you, fingers twitching in the fabric of your shirt, face red and eyebrows furrowing. you resist the urge to disappear inside the cushions of the couch.

"me and samu don't exactly wanna
be your siblings... ya know?"

his ambiguous words almost stung when they made it past your ears and to your soul; your lips quivering and then falling agape, and then closing altogether. i mean, you certainly couldn't blame him for feeling that way- but then... does that mean that he and osamu don't like you? do they think you're weird- already regretting having to come sit on the couch beside you and watch your shows with you? but they seemed so nice the whole entire time!! osamu even called you sweetheart❕sure, they may have teased you a bit, but it was all just harmless banter, right?!

oh no... oh no...! did they think you were-

"hey," osamu says again, voice soft and thoughtful as he whacks his brother's hand off you. "tsumu's a big idiot, he didn't mean it that way." his twin scowls at him, but nonetheless, is glad that he's clarifying things.