Chapter 11: Study Group

Start from the beginning

As I opened the door I peered into the classroom through the window and saw eight individuals, a few huddled up in one corner of the room whilst the rest occupied the space around the teacher's podium.

After revealing myself by opening the door all conversations stopped and everyone stared at me, the three people that were sat on my left in the far corner looked at me with annoyed expressions whilst from the podium I was met with many relieved looks.

"Hey Ayano!" Tatsuya shouted from the front and was quickly met with multiple shushes from the people around him whilst I simply nodded.

I looked back towards the three at the back corner of the classroom they all gave me a slight wave. I'm guessing that this meeting does have quite a bit of significance to it as there would be no other reason for the leaders of Class D to gather here.

But wait what's up with the nickname I've been given? Ayano? Well, I can ask later anyway.

"You're probably wondering why we called you here. But there's nothing to worry about it is just greetings and finalising the contract between the classes." Tatsuya said as he put his arm on my shoulder whilst simultaneously showing me a thumbs up with his other hand.

"I see."

"Now let's start with the introductions." Tatsuya proceeded to point towards the group huddled around the teacher's podium.

"You already know but in case you've somehow forgotten I'm Suzune Horikita."

"My name is Yōsuke Hirata, it's a pleasure to meet you." So this is the Hirata that I've heard so much about, I was shown the rankings many times by Yuzuriha-sensei and I had noticed that since the start of the year he has always held a place in the top 5. Based on what I had seen from the previous contract that Class D had arranged, Hirata was the main leader for the class, well at least for now.

Matsushita gave me an elegant wave whilst staying beside the podium and showing me a beauteous smile.

"Hi Ayanokōji-kun! It's nice to see you again." Kushida exclaimed as she made her way over to me, as she screamed my name I felt a few malicious glares from the trio of boys in the corner. After the group of class leaders finished their varying introductions the only ones that were left were the supposed three idiots that I would be tutoring.

Everyone's attention turned to them as we all awaited their introductions, however, they all continued to stare at me. Could they be mutes?

"Ken Sūdo." a red-haired boy said from the back of the group, this abrupt introduction was followed by the other two also introducing themselves in the same curt way.

So I was teaching three people that lack basic mannerisms even to one doing a favour for them, well maybe I can fix that attitude.

"As you can see we have gathered your students for you."

"That certainly saves me the trouble of going out of my way to collect them," I replied to Horikita who indifferently spoke to me.

"Ayanokōji-kun since we were the ones to make the request we wanted to make everything easier for you so we have gathered them along with their pop-quiz test results so you can find where they may excel and where they may struggle," Hirata spoke to me in a friendly tone whilst also showing me his gratitude, I can see why he is such a popular figure in Class D, from my observations during the club fair I recall seeing him signing up for the soccer club. Despite all the positive attributes he may possess such as impressive social skills and a potentially high physical rating he is placed in Class D, which is suspicious to say the least since even if he were not to be intelligent he would be placed in Class B or at least Class C.