Chapter 1: Class S

Present Day / April 1st

Ayanokōji POV

My journey to what will be my new life for the next 3 years was an uneventful one, I curiously took in the lively scenery all around as we travelled and it seems that my butler, Matsuo had noticed this as he pointed out some landmarks and such on the way there. As I turned to face him Matsuo kept his gentle smile to comfort me in a new environment, which it did. Matsuo was always great with kids and since having assumed the role of my butler he has helped me learn many new skills thought to be unnecessary in there but very useful and convenient for a student living alone. Even though I did on my first attempt nearly start an arson in the kitchen, since then Matsuo had to keep a keener eye on me and since learning was all that I had ever I picked up the art of cooking quite quickly.

After a lengthy 2 hour journey, I had finally arrived at my so-called home for the next 3 years, "Ayanokōji-Sama" Matsuo called out to me, I turned around to find him holding a small gift-wrapped box in his outstretched hand. I looked down at it then back at Matsuo who then gave me a small nod to approve. I took the present from Matsuo and slowly opened it to find a pristine looking watch, It seems that Matsuo had personally handpicked it since he seemed to be happier than usual. Looking back at it the design was very inconspicuous, which I was thankful for, with a matte black design finished with a golden edge. I slapped the watch on my left wrist, after inspecting its look on my wrist I turned back to Matsuo, "..." as this was the first time I had ever received a gift I was in awe of it and didn't know how to properly thank the giver of the gift but it seems the ever-observant Matsuo noticed this and turned me around and patted me on the back as a way to send me off. As I started to take my courageous first steps I thought about my life with Matsuo and how fun it was, all the failures all the lessons all the times he told me about his life, it felt like what people describe as parental love.

As I exited it seems that I had garnered the attention of quite a few as many onlookers were watching me. I didn't want more of the attention so proceeded through the school gates to start what could be considered a new life.

Skipped the whole bus scene... :)
- - - - -

My thoughts on the entrance ceremony were that it was similar to any other school's entrance ceremony, this could be confirmed by the number of students who looked bored and others who nearly fell asleep if not for others nudging them to keep them awake. Throughout the ceremony, I pondered over the questions I wanted to be answered. About topics such as equality, true human nature maybe even the topic of romance which I'm sure nearly every high schooler would like to know. After a lengthy entrance ceremony, I made my way over to the second floor.

Usually, there is no reason for a student to be on the second floor on their first day especially right after the ceremony, however, based on my placement into S class it seems I'm being kept somewhat a secret as the room that bears the class S nameplate is placed here on the second floor along with all the teachers' rooms.

Sliding the door open I found a fairly big classroom, the front wall of the classroom covered by a blackboard with the side opposite the door being covered by windows covering the entire length of the wall, the classroom was the same as all the others I had seen on the way here except there was one major difference with there being only one desk. After setting my bags aside at my table I took my seat and awaited the arrival of my homeroom teacher.

Roughly after 3 minutes, the door slid open revealing a woman of roughly 160 cm who looked to be in her early 20's. she was wearing a long black jumper accompanied by a blue denim skirt. She had blue eyes that resembled Apatite, with chest-length 'hot pink' hair.

After scanning the room with her blue eyes her gaze eventually met my own and gave a soft smile in response. She casually waltzes in and proceeded to lay down the papers she held on the podium. Reconnecting with my gaze she started to speak, "Good morning Ayanokōji! My name is Ichika Yuzuriha and I'm going to be your homeroom teacher for the next three years, so we should get to know each other well. I mainly teach..." she paused for a while putting her finger to her chin to suggest she is thinking. Yuzuriha sensei continued "well I teach every subject," she said with a cute smile, she also seemed to have a very lively and bubbly personality which complimented her style. As I thought back to the choice of words for her prominent subject it was certainly odd as teachers nearly always specialise in a specific subject. I pondered over multiple possibilities as to why.

After her introduction, Sensei then proceeded to hand me a set of documents that I was already familiar with as it was the same we received when applying.

The school itself was the first of its kind detaching itself from societal norms and creating an entirely new system known as the S-system, there were also a few other notable differences to what would be considered normal, such as all students were required to live in dormitories located on school premises. Also, except for special cases, such as studying abroad, students were forbidden to contact anyone outside the school. Even contact with your immediate family was forbidden without authorisation, which I was somewhat thankful for as I can live a school life without that man interfering, however considering his position in Japan and the fact that he is directly connected to the top I may not be as free as I first thought. There was also the rule that leaving school grinds without permission was strictly forbidden. In my eyes, it could be considered a small sample of society whilst also being detached from said society. It could be compared to a small city.

Though to keep their students occupied and entertained there is a multitude of services available to students. The campus came equipped with many excellent facilities. With its own karaoke spot, theatre, café, boutique, and more. The campus is spread over more than 600,000 square metres.

A/N
After researching for a while a good way to put 600,000 square metres into perspective is that it is the size of Vatican City (The smallest country in the world) and then adding around 1/3 of Vatican City to itself to get the rough size.

Vatican City size x 1.33

Or just Vatican City adding a third of itself making. It is 1 1/3 of the smallest country in the world. Quiet big if you ask me

Comparing them
ANHS is 600,000 square metres
Vatican City is 440,000 square metres

Hope this helped, if not I'm sorry. Just thought id add a way to properly let people understand the size of the school since I also was curious about it myself.

Thanks for reading this small chapter

Add any criticism and help for the story thanks and I'm surprised by the support tbh since I made the prologue and went to sleep for like 3 hours and woke up to quite a few people reading and commenting.