Chapter 5- First Date

Depuis le début

"Close my eyes? Kevin this seems a little-"

"Dude, I left my blindfold at home, so ya gotta just close your eyes." Kevin started slowing down. It was silly, but he didn't want to ruin the surprise for any part of their date.

It took a moment to sink in before Edd realized the possible sexual implications of Kevin's statement. Another blush. Good Lord, he needed to figure out how to control this constant blushing.
"Who's to say Kevin even intended anything sexual? He may not even partake in such kinks. Although I wouldn't mind it if he did enjoy such activities and tied me up on my bed..."
Edd quickly shut his eyes and buried his face in his hands, hiding his blush from already thinking about taking Kevin to bed.

He could feel the car making a righthand turn and quickly decreasing speed, presumably they had arrived at their destination. "Umm, Kevin...when may I-" Edd started to question.
"Not yet! Almost! Just trust me?" Kevin interrupted.
Edd huffed, but smiled underneath the cover of his hands.

Finally, the car slowed to a stop and Edd could hear the engine cut.
Sheepishly, Kevin said "Okay....open your eyessss.... now!"
Edd slowly uncovered his face and blinked his eyes open to see Kevin beaming with excitement, full jazz hands directing him to look through the windshield at the 'And Mini More!' mini golf course. He blinked a few times and slightly raised his eyebrows, unsure if he was excited or embarrassed about his lack of athletic ability.

"You're not into it, are you?" Kevin was second guessing his plans.
"No, no, no! It's adorable, I just...I'm not quite sure of my skill in this game, is all." Edd quickly backtracked. Cursing to himself, upset he seemed to be already ruining the date he had been waiting so long for.

"Dude, it's mini golf. Everyone's skill level is basically the same, unless you're a toddler." Kevin laughed out of relief. "Come on, it'll be fun! And I promise I'll go easy on you." Winking towards his flustered date.

They both got out of the car and awkwardly walked side by side to the ticket stand, Kevin with his hands tucked into his pockets and Edd safely clasping his hands in front of himself.

"Two tickets, please." Kevin said to the cashier, still smiling from excitement.
"That'll be $16.50" the teenage cashier mumbled out, clearly more engrossed in his phone than his job.
Kevin paid for the tickets and picked out two golf balls from the bucket on the desk, one lime green and one bright orange. He gestured Edd over to the putters to find the correct height for both of them and then led them out to the first hole.

"Before we start, should we make a wager on the winner?" Kevin said as he was leaning on his putter and tossing his green golf ball in the air.
Edd huffed and adjusted his glasses, "As competitive natured as I may be, I think we both know that with your athletic skills, you will be more inclined to win. So I don't see how a wager would be quite as fair."
"Hmmm," Kevin righted himself and got a sly look "well, let me see your form. Maybe I can give you a few pointers."
Edd rolled his eyes and placed his orange ball into the starting point, positioning himself and his putter for the first swing "Why Kevin, you said so yourself, everyone's skill level is the same unless you're a toddler." He took his hit and watched the ball fly down the green path, pass the hole, bounce off the stone ledge, and roll back towards his feet.

Kevin couldn't hold back his laughter as his date turned red from embarrassment and anger.
He walked up behind Edd and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Don't sweat it, dude. Just gotta be a little more gentle with the ball next time." He winked at Edd and then bent down to place his own ball in the starting spot, took his swing and watched the ball roll to a stop a foot from the hole.
Pleased with himself, Kevin stepped aside to let Edd position himself behind his own ball that had rolled back to the start. A look of determination on his face.
"Wait wait, your grip is all wrong. This should be a fair game, so let me help you with that." Kevin dropped his putter and came up behind Edd, without invitation. He pressed his body up against Edd's back and wrapped his arms around to help reposition his grip.