Chapter 73 - Daylong Date Part 3

Start from the beginning

"Uhhh.... Just ketchup for me please." Kara replies.

"And I'll have mustard and ketchup please." Lena says.

"Excellent." Mrs Showfield smiles, "Anything else?"

As Mrs Showfield asks this, Lena does one more scan down the menu, just to check if there is anything else that jumps out at her, and that is when she finds something that surprises her, but really shouldn't.

"Ohh... could we get some.... 'Kara's Pottstickers', please?" Lena requests.

"Oh of course. I'm surprised Kara didn't order them already." Mrs Showfield says, while Kara blushes.

"I though 3 meals and some potstickers would be pushing it." Kara admits.

Mrs Showfield chuckles.

"I doubt it dear. Remember, I once saw you eat 35 hotdogs in a hotdog eating contest here, and then ask for some potstickers 'to go', but I'm confident you ate most of them before you left." Mrs Showfield says.

Lena now laughs.

"Oh, I need to hear this story!" Lena says.

Kara groans.

Mrs Showfield chuckles again.

"Well, I will leave you two to it again. I'll be back in a bit with your food." Mrs Showfield says, and then leaves.

"Sooooo...... firstly....... why exactly do you have your own food item named after you on the menu?" Lena asks, with a smirk on her face.

"Well..... one day.... I came into the diner.... and I was.... feeling sad.... It was just one of those days where things kind of overwhelmed me.... and I got hit hard with the feelings that I would never see anyone on Krypton again, and that my mom and dad are dead..... Mrs Showfield noticed I was sad and then asked me if she could cheer me up in any way..... I just ordered some food.... But Mrs Showfield knew, from knowing me previously, that I LOVE potstickers, but at the time they didn't have them on the menu. So, Mrs Showfield had the cooks make potstickers especially for me, just to cheer me up." Kara explains.

"Oh that's nice." Lena smiles warmly, even if she didn't like hearing about Kara being sad on that day. It makes Lena think that maybe if they had both found each other back then, then they could have become more then, and been happy together, and cheered one another up on their sad days. But then at the same time, Lena knows that if they did meet when they were young, then she certainly would have never let Kara go, and they'd be married by now, and that would mean that Alura wouldn't exist, and Lena certainly doesn't want that. So, Lena thinks that maybe things turned out how they were supposed to, just to get them here.

"Yeah." Kara nods, "Once she gave them to me, it worked, it cheered me up. I felt so happy that she had gone to all that trouble to have them made for me, and they were delicious. So, after that, she promised to put them on the menu, and she named them after me. Apparently they are quite popular, or at least they were when I was a kid. Although, to be fair, I must have eaten like 50% of the potstickers they sold."

Lena chuckles again, thinking that 50% might actually be a low estimate, seeing as she knows Kara's stomach.

"That's amazing, Kara. Mrs Showfield is a wonderful person for doing that." Lena says.

"Yeah, she is." Kara nods, with a smile on her face. "But not just for that. She's an amazing person in general."

Lena nods her head as she smiles back at Kara.

"So.... you know what I am going to ask next, don't you?" Lena asks, as she takes the first sip of her milkshake, while Kara continues to drink hers.

Kara groans.

"You want to know about the hotdog eating contest..." Kara says, not even asking it as a question.