Chapter 73 - Daylong Date Part 3

Start from the beginning

"Well, it is, and I've had absolutely everything on this menu, unless they've changed it, which they look like they haven't. Why would they change perfection after all?" Kara says.

Lena laughs again.

"Okay, well then what are you going to get today?" Lena asks.

"Uhhh.... I think.... I'm going to get a.... grilled steak sandwich.... with extra cheese..... and..... a chicken burger." Kara says.

Lena laughs once more, but this time at her girlfriend's appetite.

"Well, I think I'm going to get a hot dog then. I haven't had one of those since I was a child." Lena says.

"What?! Really?!" Kara says, surprised, "Lena, you have been really missing out! Hotdogs may not be a burger, but they are still great! I think you'll find the hotdogs here are delicious! In fact, I'm going to get one too."

"So, you are going to have 3 meals now?" Lena asks, with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh uhh." Kara stutters, slightly blushing. "Maybe I'll.... just have the hotdog and chicken burger then."

Lena looks at her girlfriend for a moment, with a slightly concerned look on her face.

"Kara." Lena says, reaching her hand out across the table to grab Kara's arm.

"Hmm?" Kara replies, looking up at the brunette.

"If you want three meals, then have three meals." Lena says, with a slight smile.

"But... isn't that too much? .... I don't want to come off as a pig..." Kara says.

"To who?" Lena questions, "To the few people in this diner? Or to Mrs Showfield?"

"No.... to you." Kara replies, biting her lip as she blushes.

"Kara, darling." Lena says, now putting both her hands on Kara's arm. "You could never come off as a pig to me. You are a Kryptonian, and you need to eat more food than us humans, I would never judge you for doing so. So, please, go ahead, order your three meals."

Kara looks up at Lena again, and sees that her girlfriend is giving her nothing but a loving smile. It makes Kara so happy that she can be with someone who isn't going to judge her for having 3 meals. Previously, when Kara has dated people in her past, seeing as they didn't know that she's an alien, Kara had to regulate what she ate at dinner, which usually meant she would end up going home hungry, and having a second dinner after her date.

"I love you." Kara replies, happy right now, not having any other words to say.

"I love you too." Lena smiles, as the two women just get lost in each other's eyes.

"Well, isn't that lovely." Mrs Showfield says, returning to the table with Kara and Lena's drinks.

Kara and Lena quickly move away from one another and look at Mrs Showfield, both blushing like schoolgirls who have been caught doing something they shouldn't.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't want you to stop on my account. I just have your drinks here." Mrs Showfield says, and then places down Lena's coffee in front of her, and then the two milkshakes in front of each woman.

"It's okay." Lena says, with a slight smile.

"Good. So, are you both ready to order?" Mrs Showfield asks.

"Yep." Kara nods.

"Great." Mrs Showfield replies, and gets out her notepad, knowing from previous experience that Kara usually orders more than one thing.

"We'll have two hotdogs, a grilled steak sandwich with extra cheese, and a fried chicken burger, please." Kara smiles.

"Would you like any dressings on the hot dogs?" Mrs Showfield asks.