Countdown

Jopper ST3 (au)

Inspired by Prison Break

━✯━

Thursday, July 4, 1985

"On three," he said, anchoring his gaze in Joyce's.

"On three", she replied, nodding her head.

"One...... Two-"

Joyce's eyes widened in surprise, he hadn't said three! He hadn't had time to finish his countdown before that Russian psychopath who had been stalking them for days was standing there, his hand around Hopper's neck. Then he threw him against the glass, head first. 

Hopper was on the ground.

Joyce's breath caught in her throat, this wasn't supposed to happen! Why wasn't anything in her damn life going according to the plan?

She glanced at the weapon lying on the ground behind her, but her movement did not go unnoticed by the Russian. And unfortunately for her, she had not been fast enough to grab the gun. So it was her turn to be propelled by this man, Joyce had just had time to see the control table approaching at a dangerous speed before she hit her head on it, she fell to the ground with a cry of pain.

Joyce tried to open her eyes with a grunt, her head was still spinning, little black dots were floating around the room. She blinked several times to try to avoid a constant blur. She thought she heard a hammer tapping in her head before she realized it was the battle between Hopper and the Russian echoing throughout the room. Joyce felt her eyelids close again but she saw what appeared to be Hopper being thrown, once again, to the floor. He was close to her, so close she could have touched him if she had had the strength.

Then she saw the door opening as Hopper seemed to get up, somehow, she had to try too, she had to help him. He had fought too many times alone.

As Hopper threw himself at the Russian again, Joyce took the opportunity to crawl to the weapon she had seen before, being sure she would fall if she tried to get up, and they had no time to lose. The more she looked at Hopper's face, the more wounds appeared.

She took a deep breath to try to see more clearly, if only for a second. She only needed a second to aim, right?

Hopper managed to hit him in the face, and when she saw the angry look on the Russian's face, she squinted and her trembling finger pulled the trigger before she realized it.

A shot rang out around them and time seemed to stand still. 

Hopper's eyes widened.

The Russian opened his mouth but no sound came out, so he fell to the ground having no strength to speak, to keep his body upright. No strength left to stay alive.

Hopper just stood there, unable to comprehend what was happening before his eyes. He finally turned his gaze to the right to see Joyce, a weapon in her shaky hands. 

His mouth opened but he had nothing to say, Joyce had literally saved his life, once again if he was honest. He hurried to join her and squatted beside her. 

Her gaze was fixed in front of her, her eyes wide open and fixed on the man she had just shot. 

Hopper decided to stand in front of her so that she could not see the Russian lying on the ground with a bullet in his heart. He gently placed a hand on her cheek so as not to frighten her, the gun was still in her hands after all. Joyce then met his gaze and opened her mouth to speak, a sob escaping instead before she closed her tear-filled eyes and shook her head.