Chapter 11: I Will Not Surrender

Fluke is now staring at the pile of thick binders on top of his desk. Each file has completed compilation of reports and transactions that happened every year.

Thanks to Ploy, who helped him locate where the files for the business transactions the Ritprasert Group had with other companies for the past ten years. If not, he still stuck in the archive room until now.

What a great first day at work indeed.

He let an exasperated sigh and start. He knew, this is going to be a lot of work.

A few hours later, his eyes began to hurt. He glanced at the wall clock. It's 12:30pm, it says. Since it's half-time past the lunch break, Fluke decided to skip it and continue to read as much as he could. He let out a tired sigh, ignoring the growling sound in his stomach. Fluke doesn't want to waste any more time, he still has so much reports to read.

🐻💙🐣

Before Fluke knew it, it was already almost midnight, and he only got to read 2011 to 2012 reports.  He heard his stomach growling again, he remembered he hasn't eaten anything after his breakfast. Fluke shook his head and sigh. He quietly stood up, turned off the lamp and picked up his bag. He still had 6 more days left, after all.  He still had to go to the apartment the company provided for him.

Fluke headed his way out to his office, walking pass through the others office and desks. Everyone left already for home, leaving him alone with stacks of reports to read. He is somehow grateful that he had some kind co-workers including Ploy who would come to his office and offer him some help, but he refused. He knew also that they have their task to do, and he don't want to bother them. They just gave him some pitiful looks before going back to their work.

Fluke also want to prove to his boss that even he lacks at some qualifications and experience, he can still do good as his personal secretary.

When he got to the elevator, he rushed inside and pressed the button. When he reached the lobby, he quickly exited the building and grab a taxi. He needed to pick up his stuff at his apartment first.

Not long before his eyes rested, the taxi stopped at Mrs. Alin's apartment.

Since he didn't own so much, and the apartment he had was furnished by the landlady, everything fits perfectly into his large blue suitcase.

🐻🐣💙

Finally, after a 15 minute ride. Fluke arrived in a tall apartment complex where he will be staying at. He politely asked the security guard the way going to the 5th floor.

After a few minutes, he was now in front of his new place. He gently put in the key and slowly open the knob and enter the room.

The apartment is bigger than his previous place. It has a small living room with windows which he thought is great because he is sure, it will make the room very light during the day. Next is a small but nice kitchen, complete with appliances and everything he needs. Finally, he checked the bedroom. It has a double sized bed, a side table, built-in cabinet and a bathroom on the innermost side of the room. Fluke noticed that it has a balcony too. He noticed also that the apartment is fitted with full remote controlled air conditioning.

He couldn't help but smile. All the benefits this job is giving him is best so far except with his boss who is difficult to deal with.

Fluke laid his back in his new bed and let out a tired sigh.

“I will do whatever it takes to hold on to this job. I will not surrender, Mr. CEO.”

And with that thought, determined and tired, and with empty stomach, Fluke fell into a deep slumber.