Chapter 13

≈Dream POV≈

The sun it still in the sky just a bit past noon but I'm already heading to town, or that's what I told the two boys I took in.

I'm jumping through the trees making my way to anothers house. They're my rival but also my friend.

I near the clearing where the house is and slow down to make sure I don't make my presence known. I peer into the clearing and see nobody outside. I drop down a bit lower into the tree and move closer so that I'm at the edge of the clearing, but not visible.

"What are you doing spying on my house now?" A voice behind me says. I don't jump or even show any hint of surprise.

"Ah Technoblade. How are you?" I say jumping down from the tree. He follows closely behind.

"Well I know your not hear to know about my life and how I am, so let's cut to the chase." I turn to face Technoblade. He's wearing his usual outfit and mask. His outfit is a black long sleeved shirt with black pants. He has a belt around his waist with some throwing knives and a hood on the back of his shirt.

This is what the mask looks like I'm not sure how to describe it so here is picture :] !BTW I DIDNT DRAW THIS CREDS GO TO THE ORIGINAL ARTIST!

"I was going to ask if you were assigned any missions. I haven't been assigned anything for a while and was curious as to why." I have an annoyed expression on my face but Techno wouldn't know since I have a large circular mask over the entirety of my face. It's kind of a thing for people like us to wear masks. It's not required but it's beneficial.

Our identity has to remain a secret and a lot of people aren't too worried about it like Techno. He wears a mask only covering half his face and that's kind of it. I wear a mask covering all of my face and a hood with black gloves covering my hands. None of my skin or hair is showing.

"Well as a matter of fact I have. Tomorrow I'm supposed to go to a nearby town and find some random kid I have never heard of."

"Oh ok. Well thanks but I'm going to take my leave."

"Dream." I turn around again to face him. "Why are you taking care of some random kids." It wasn't a question more like a statement. He knows about Ranboo and Tommy.

"Well you can't hurt them. I took them in after watching them for a bit after a mission. They lost a friend and I saw potential in them so I took them instead of the police." Now that I think about it I don't know anything about their backstory, Le alone why police were chasing them that night. They probably committed some sort of crime.

"I see. And what are your plans with them?" He seemed genuinely curious about the kids.

"Well I'm training them. They could go on missions too. We are lacking people these days..."

Techno stares for a second before nodding and walking off towards his home. He shouldn't mind because hes been in a situation similar to mine. Another guy like us found him sitting in the rain outside of his home because he was kicked out. He's never mentioned what for or any details, but that night a guy named Phil took him on and trained him to be one of us.

I turn and jump back up into the trees and begin running to town to retrieve the items Tommy and Ranboo requested. I wasn't planning on going to town at all but I figured I could just lie and say I was going to town before they requested things because I doubt they wouldve said anything otherwise.

Truth be told I am becoming attached to these boys. They work hard to meet my standards and are good kids. I don't know if they will be there when I get home but, I'm secretly hoping they will be.

I reach town and drop down onto the roof of a random building. It makes a soft thump and I begin running to the next building top. I repeat this until I come to a clothing store. I look at the sky and the sun is lower but not low enough. If I had to guess it was around 5 p.m. I sigh and sit down on top of the building.

—Time skip—

The sun is now completely down and the shop just closed. I slip around to the back door and bring out a special key. It can unlock any door as long as the lock isn't too complicated. It comes unlocked and I step into the store. I'm in the backroom where all the extra things are stored. It smells of smoke, probably someone taking a smoke break in here.

I lift my mask a bit and rub my eyes since it hurts them a bit. I find the security camera and make sure to stay out of it's view as I sneak around to the front of the store. There are racks and racks of clothing. I think about what they're already and base what I grab off of that.

I grab Tommy some shorts that look almost identical to the ones he's already wearing. I also find a red sweatshirt and grab it song with a black t-shirt.

For Ranboo I found a black and white polo shirt and black ripped jeans.

I also find a pack of hair ties and grab them. Tommy's hair is pretty long so it would be better if he put it back while training.

I slip out of the store and make my way back home to give the boys their clothes.

------------------------------------------------------ Yooo another pretty long chapter. 1,000 words.

Anyway hopefully I can go back to posting a chapter per day I was just a bit busy and had a bit of writer's block but I'm back >:]

Have a good day afternoon night :D