Suddenly lights flashed in my eyes and I felt a large impact and with that everything went dark..............

XIX

I woke up in a large room with some beeping sounds. I squint my eyes open trying to protect it from the bright light blaring down on my face.

"Mackenzie you are finally up , let me call the doctor." I heard Talia scream and I saw her run out of the room.

She returned with the doctor and Josh close behind her.

The doctor ran some tests and checked my vitals before leaving speaking with Josh.

I could feel this pain in my right hand and I saw that it was all plastered up. I tried getting up but soon fell back.

"Relax babes, you are hurt. Take some rest." Talia spoke as she tucked the loose strands of hair behind my ear.

"What happened?" I asked her.

" Well your car crashed into a oncoming truck on the highway. Luckily the airbags deployed and you just have a broken hand and a few scars." She told me with a smile.

"Where's JJ?" I croacked out and suddenly her smile dropped.

She stuttered with her words but before she could answer me , Josh came back in with Simon.

"M you need the rest, you have painkillers in your system and you need to sleep in order to feel better." Josh spoke as he gave me a smile.

Talia pulled the sheets over me and gave my forehead a kiss as I fell back asleep.

When I would wake up again , it was dark. I could Talia sleeping on the bed in the corner of the room.

My mind wandered before it settled on one person , JJ.

Why did Talia's face go blank when I asked her about him. Was he hurt , did he leave me. Both of these scenarios made my heart break. If only I had not distracted him in the car , none of this would have happened.

I let my eyes close again and again fell asleep.

I woke up again to hear Simon whispering something to Talia.

"We have to tell her, I can't lie to her. It'll just hurt her more." She told him.

"She's recovering Talia, let her recover fully before we tell her about him. The doctor spoke to us today and it is not looking good." Simon whispered back to her.

My heart shattered into a million pieces.

"Guys what happened to JJ." I asked them on the verge of tears.

The both of them rushed to my side.
" Nothing Mackenzie he's fine , he has the same injuries. He's recovering too." Simon told me but I was not convinced.

"I heard you saying the doctor telling you it didn't look good." I told them.

They both looked at each other and Simon let out a sigh.

"M , babes just recover fully, JJ is fine you'll see him soon enough." Talia spoke with a smile, but I could see it was forced.

"Talia please I just want to see my boyfriend, please I beg you." I cried now the tears falling down.

Talia wipes the tears of my face and looked at Simon pleadingly.

Simon shook his head and went out the room. He returned with a nurse who then removed the needles from my arm and put my broken arm in a sling.

Talia helped me stand up and put my arm around her shoulders.

"Simon are you sure she is ready." Talia asked him as we left the room.