And knowing the player she was going to choose…everything was going to be that much harder.

Let the games begin

Fleur repressed a shiver as she walked down past the elf heads hanging above her.

This was one of the many things she hated about this house. That feeling of foreboding she'd gotten the first time she'd come here had not gone away at all…although the place looked much brighter than before. It seemed like Sirius and the rest of the Order had spent some time trying to spruce the place up.

Time wasted in her opinion...there was no way to get this place look any less dreary. Given the first chance she'd apparate out of here in an instant back home to France but no…her idiot of a fiancé simply had to stay.

And her being even more of an idiot who couldn't find it in her to refuse him whenever she looked into his big, green eyes (something he'd really gotten the hang of doing now) was now stuck here with him.

Well…no, she was being too hard on him. Ever since yesterday her head hadn't been in the right place. But then again, who could blame her? She spent most…if not all her time worrying about him even when she had him in her grasp…she was well within her rights to get angry at him as he'd quietly pointed out last night when she'd gotten a bit hard on her words with him. She could not understand why he'd completely refused to tell them anything.

He was afraid of something…that much she knew. But what exactly?

Sighing she continued on her way downstairs towards the only light in the darkness inside this house which seemed to be coming from the kitchen. It was still in the early hours of the morning so no one in their right minds would be up right now…except him.

Sure enough, there he was…standing alone at the counter over kettle which was giving off a faint whistle.

"Didn't mean to wake you."He murmured softly, without turning around. She frowned, leaning against the doorway.

"You do know 'ow I feel about waking up alone? And in zis place too?"

"I forgot how much you hated this place." He said, his face apologetic. "Sorry for forcing you to stay…"

"No one forced me to stay."She huffed, walking over to him. A small smile appeared on his face.

"I stayed…that's enough." She smiled back, glad that he didn't seem too upset with her. They rarely ever had disagreements, so anytime either of them ever raised their voice over the other it stung a little too much. Indeed, she could still remember that time she'd stopped talking to him for his recklessness. It was one of the worst experiences she'd ever had to go through, one she did not want to repeat.

Even if the likelihood of him ever doing what she did was close to zero.

He seemed to have read her mind. "I know you're still frustrated..."

"I'm not…"

"No, listen…"

"But.."

"Fleur…" She sighed before inclining her head at him. "I know you're worried about me...and that you only want to help. But there's just…I have to be sure of a few things before I can tell you."