Prologue

Prologue

Anika

"No, no, no! Monroe what the fuck is wrong with you! What the fuck is wrong with y'all!"

I pushed my big brother out of my way so that I could get to my best friend. Brooklyn was drugged up and sprawled out on top of some coats that covered a full-sized bed. All of the boys around me slowly started to dress in their letterman jackets and leave the room. When the door opened, what was just loud base was now clear music.

I knew that we shouldn't have gone to that damn frat party, but Brooklyn just had to go. I wanted to focus on the finals that we had coming up, especially since my grades had slipped so tremendously, but she was trying to relieve stress.

"Monroe, how could you let this happen?" I screamed as tears ran down my cheeks.

I cradled Brooklyn and rocked back and forth with her in my arms.

Her shirt was ripped, so her breast was exposed, and her damn hair was all over the place. I stared at my big brother and felt sick to my stomach when I noticed that his belt was undone. He had a hand in this.

"Let's fucking go, Anika!"

Monroe grabbed my arm and then pulled me off of the bed.

I fought my way to get back to Brooklyn, but when he picked me up and threw me over his broad shoulder, I knew that my fight was over. I balled up my fist and beat on his back as he carried me out of the room.

"How could you do this to her, Monroe?" I cried.

The further he walked out of the room, the sightof Brooklyn became clouded from the tears in my eyes. Even with my sightdistorted, I would never forget the vivid image of how my best friend lookedthe day that my brother and his frat brothers had raped her.