Chapter 3 • Cyrus miller and the dead children

Solomon woke up in the morning happy as can be, He assumed Margo left early so her mother wouldn't have a heart attack with not being home

Solomon woke up in the morning happy as can be, He assumed Margo left early so her mother wouldn't have a heart attack with not being home. Solomon walked town when he saw all the town's people crowded around the church "Cyrus open the please" he heard mrs. Miller beg.

"Brother What's going on" Solomon asked His brother "Cyrus has all the children inside the meeting house" His brother told him causing his heart to drop because he couldn't find Margo anywhere, he watched all the towns men attempted to hit the door down.

Solomon quickly ran around the church to a the back door of the meeting house "CYRUS" Solomon said as he hit his shoulder on the door with other men joining him. The door finally opened as all the other towns folk ran in before hearing a gut wrenching scream from mrs. Miller causing him to push past others as he saw mrs.Miller holding her younger daughter in her arms.

Her beautiful green eyes where gone all that was left was empty bloody sockets. He quickly took the girl from mrs. Miller who was hugged by Hannah. Solomon felt tears roll down his cheeks as she held the young girl in his arms as he moved her blonde hair out of her out face.

Later that night

The rest of the day the town was quite..no sound of laughter, no sound of children singing nor running about.

"Why her please I'll give you anything please just let me have her back" Solomon said to the book.

That night Solomon went back to the town, he went the Millers residence into the backyard where laid a cross and flowers. Solomon dug up the young girls body, he then carried her bridal style back to his cabin and down to his secret hide out, He laid the young girl down in the middle of the circle.

"Please I'll give you anything just give her back to me" Solomon said as he got up and had a restless sleep.

The next day

Solomon walked into town which was filled with laughter and children singing as if nothing happened until he felt something rapped around his waist "oh Solomon I missed you" he heard the one and only Margo's voice "Solomon are you ok it looks as if you've seen a ghost" she said looking at him. Solomon stroked the girl's cheeks as he laid a soft kiss on her lips " I've missed you butterfly" Solomon said looking at the girl "really you just saw me last night" Margo said looking at him with a smile on her face.

That night Margo sat the edge of the bed as flies buzzed around her. Sweat dripped down her forehead as if she was running a fever and her face pale as snow. The only bright color was blood that dripped from her nose.

Margo wasn't feeling like herself or...

What ever came back definitely was not Margo Miller.