Its Time

My teeth chattered as I took slow, cautious steps down the narrow path. The snow was crunching loudly beneath my feet, the only sound I could hear, a part from the heavy pants of my breath.
I knew that I had to do this, the future rested on my brittle shoulders, weighing me down. It was my time, whether I was ready or not, it was going to be the end.

A numb feeling swirled through me, whether it was because of the icy cold winds or something from within, I couldn't tell. My thoughts were scattered, I tried to focus on the lifeless trees that were twinkling within the dark, but even that was a challenge.

The forest was clearing, I could see the house approaching up ahead. The house was decrepit and look as if one more gist of wind could bring it tumbling down. I could tell why the chose this place; it was deserted in the middle of nowhere and looked like no one would be able to live in it without becoming seriously injured.
Ivy disguised the house from those who were crazy enough enough to have ventured this far within the woods.

I finally reached the house. I hesitated a moment, fighting the urge to flee. Finally, I managed to scramble the last of my courage together and opened the door. It creaked loudly, I cursed mentally. 'Great l, now they know I'm here'. My time was up.
I entered the misty room just off the hall, all talk stopped as they stared at me. I took a deep breath.

"I'm ready".

Authors note
I hope you likes Its Time. Thankyou so much for reading!
Don't forget to vote/comment if you like it!