I Wouldn't Want it Any Other Way

Start from the beginning

"Thank you." Edmund breathed. "Now, I'm trying to think of a reasonable way to-" He gasped as Peter lifted him up from the ground and into his arms.
"What are you doing?!"

"Carrying you." Peter said simply, as he began walking.

"You just agreed not to!" Edmund said.

"I only said that so you would shut up and let me pick you up."

Edmund glared at him. "Peter Pevensie you put me down this instant!"

"Then what are you going to do, Ed? You can't walk. How do you expect to get back to Cair Paravel without walking?"

Edmund stared at Peter for a moment before burying his face into Peter's shoulder. "This is the most embarrassing thing to ever happen to me."

Peter chuckled, rolling his eyes. "Aren't you being a bit overdramatic, Edmund?"

"Peter!" Edmund exclaimed, moving to look at his brother. "I'm 16 years old, and a king! I do not want people to see me being carried by my brother!"

"Relax." Peter told him. "It's not a big deal. I'm only carrying you because you sprained your ankle."

Edmund sighed, burying his face into Peter's shoulder again.

"It's not the end of the world." Peter told him.

"It's the end of my world." Edmund said.

Peter couldn't help but laugh at this, rolling his eyes too.
~~~

"See?" Peter said, once they got to the castle. "That wasn't so bad."

"Not yet." Edmund said. "Now's the part where everyone sees that you're carrying me."

"Oh, I'm sure there won't even be that many people around." Peter told him.

Edmund sighed, dreading what would happen as Peter walked through those doors.

"Surprise!!!"

Peter's eyes went wide, as he saw all his close friends and family in the room, he actually knew everyone here! He smiled as he looked at all the party decorations, and all his friends, and people who really knew and cared about him. He definitely hadn't expected this.

"Wow!" Peter said, smiling widely. "Thank you guys so much! This is amazing!"

Everyone smiled at him, before yelling "Happy Birthday!"

Peter laughed, thanking them, before looking down at his brother, who was glaring daggers at him.

"I'm sure there won't be anyone around. Just all of our closest friends and family in Narnia!" Edmund said sarcastically, sounding very annoyed.

Peter only laughed at his brother, but looked up when Susan and Lucy ran over.

"What happened?" Susan asked.

"Are you alright, Ed?" Lucy asked worriedly.

"I'm fine, Lucy don't worry. I just sprained my ankle is all."