Chariot Arcana

Suzue had been begging to see little Mifune ever since Ebizo had showed her the baby pictures. Eventually, Juichi agreed to bring her over, but only because he wanted to talk to Ebizo about something (he had claimed). Ebizo suspected that it was something to do with his Persona.

Sherlock, unlike the others, was very... talkative. Ebizo had originally thought that Personas couldn't show their faces in the real world. Sherlock was different, however. Only Persona users could see him, and he made good use of that knowledge.

Luckily, Sherlock wasn't there when Juichi turned up on Ebizo's doorstep. Suzue saw little Mifune and swept her up in her arms immediately, allowing the boys to talk. They went up to Ebizo's room and sat down.

Just then, Sherlock appeared. With a twirl, he pointed a finger at Ebizo and grinned. "Well, well! Glad to be away from that crying machine. It was beginning to get on my nerves," he said.

Juichi shot a glare at him. "I'm trying to talk to Ebizo. This isn't about you."

"Nonsense!" Sherlock insisted, "A great detective like myself must know all! It could be important!"

"I don't understand why you're the only Persona that does this," Ebizo frowned. "We didn't even know that Personas could do this... until you."

Sherlock flipped his deerstalker and glanced at Juichi. "This boy needs help with his deductions. Who better to teach him than the great detective himself?"

"Yes, but I don't need your help," Juichi grumbled, "I'm perfectly fine without your... dance of deduction, or whatever you call it."

Ebizo held back a grin. "Wh-What? Dance of...?"

"Why, it's my Logic and Reasoning Spectacular, of course!" Sherlock chirped, "I use my skills to solve the case before we even exit the crime scene."

Juichi rolled his eyes and leaned back in his seat. "You claimed that the victim had last seen a snake, and it had caused his death. It was nothing like that. Their neck was broken, that's all."

"Pray, what else would you call a 'speckled band' if not a snake?" Sherlock pointed out, "Those stupid little... no arms, no ears... if not to poison, what is their purpose?!"

"You know, that reminds me," Ebizo quickly attempted to steer the conversation away from anything Sherlock could use to bring attention to himself. "How did you become a detective at such a young age? Teiko mentioned your sister... that the baby's named after."

Juichi jumped at the sudden question. "U-Um... my sister was a detective... she was best friends with Teiko. But she probably told you that already. They said she had a promising future ahead of her."

"But something happened," Ebizo frowned. "Didn't it?"

"They killed her," Juichi spat, "She was killed in the line of duty by a criminal. They escaped, of course. I was only fourteen at the time... and they took my sister from me. All because of her talent."

Surprisingly, Sherlock stayed silent. He appeared to be listening to the conversation in thought. If he had anything to say, he kept his mouth shut.

"My parents were devastated," he continued, "They ended up paying the police money to let me join them, to take Mifune's place. I think they just liked how everyone praised them for their amazing detective daughter."

"Wait. I always assumed that you joined out of your own free will," Ebizo tilted his head. "You mean... it wasn't your choice to become a detective?"

"I'm only doing it to make them happy, yes," Juichi nodded. "Teiko took me under her wing when she found out... she's the only reason I've survived this long."