035

cw: anxiety/panic attack !!!

real life !

"C'mon mahal, you can do something— anything!" Aspyn protested. George sulked in his seat, clearly annoyed that his sister had yet again belittled him and his career. "Talk to her, ask Willow or Marianne to watch them for a few hours during the tournament. Hell, I'll watch them while you do the tournament!"

He shook his head, refusing to leave his own responsibilities for her to cater to. "This is my issue, not yours, Asp. I'll deal with it," he huffed.

But Aspyn wasn't going to let it go so easily— everyone was aware of how stubborn she could be. "No, it's not. It might be your family, but it's my issue too. It's bothering you, clearly, and I'm not gonna let you deal with it on your own."

Seeing his saddened expression, she continued. "I'm here for you, my love," she placed her hands on his shoulders, standing in between his legs. "I'm always here for you. You're not alone in this."

As if they were magnetic, George leaned his head on her chest, prompting her to wrap her arms around him as she tangled her fingers in his hair. It had grown much longer in the past few months, only making him seemingly more attractive.

She kissed his head, they were in this together.

But it was common for George to feel overwhelmed while his real life began to mess with his online persona. He was stressing over making content, over the fact that Phoebe would know he was live and would soon bombard him with messages about how irresponsible he was being. He wondered if the fans could tell how anxious he was by his facial expressions and mentally cursed at himself for persisting on having his camera on. He worried about his performance during the tournament— he wasn't the best player per se, but he was pretty damn good. He knew everyone was counting on them to win, because everyone had been waiting for the group to be paired together.

He was glad his camera cut off at his chest, especially as his hands began to shake. Pheobe was blowing up his phone. He was on "do not disturb", but he could still see it due to the fact she was on his "favourites" list. He gulped, his eyes flickering from his phone to his monitor every few seconds. He caught a few words: dumb, career, irresponsible. He didn't need the context to know what she meant.