Now the society was divided into two groups, one who supported Aditya and his personal life which were a handful and others who strongly opposed him. but there were few who were wolves within the sheep's skin and these people just wanted Hooda's end. In the midst of the arguments and support and oppose counter-attack, an all-out war broke which engulfed the whole country. Thanks to Harshwardhan, the violence became more rampant in his city than anywhere else. The last hint of civilization had been thrown to the wolves.

The people close to Harshwardhan like Bella and Rajveer advised caution. But Harshwardhan in his blind obsession to take control acted without consequences which made the whole city burn for his selfish needs. In the name of Arjun Hooda, he appointed a man in the crowd who disregarded all laws, justice and everything superior to them. Harshwardhan wanted to hit two birds with one stone again. and this plan would force Arjun out of the chair and bring Aditya to his rightful position.

And oblivious to everyone this was what their actions led them to... All the members of the party, including rivals, were indulged in war. Crores of properties of government and private people were burned into ashes. Thousand of people lost their lives and the destruction was too severe for anyone to estimate.

It took days before law and order came in force again and the result was too obvious. Common people had enough of the bloodshed.  Everyone knew who started it and why? The thing that Harshwardhan arranged a press conference soon after the chaos became quite evident to everyone. Finally, elections took place in the state once again. 

The prime indication of this was Arjun lost the election. What happens at the core spreads itself out. Therefore, in the state, neither the coalition in the power nor the opposition managed to gain power.  

A third party made it to the top.

*****

Arjun was nearly at the end of meetings with parties and allies to make damage control from the last events when his phone began to ring. He turned his attention to the screen briefly before turning the phone upside down.  The phone rang a few times more before the ring died.

"Arjun? You look so stressed." Rajveer looked at the people walking out of the meeting room and turned his attention to Arjun.

"Hmm... It was a painful day. Finally over." He sighed.

Rajveer suggested some drinks and Arjun accepted it. He needed a breather after a long day at the party office. He called Bella for giving company and suggested Arjun call Noor too. But Arjun straightly dismissed the idea. She had been calling him the entire day and the last thing he wanted to see is her dull face after a bad day.

Rajveer didn't ask many questions and agreed to arrangements. On the way to a private restaurant, Rajveer managed a surprise to help Arjun. Soon the trio reached the venue and began to ease themselves.

Arjun knew Rajveer's loyalty lies with Harshwardhan but he also knew he has no friend other than Rajveer.  "Cheers." Bella raised the toast.

"Cheers." The men clicked the glass.

"Don't think much Arjun. Ups and downs are part of political life." Rajveer patted Arjun's shoulder and smiled. "not everyone can be like Anjana Ma'am. She has set her bar really high."

Rajveer's words felt like acid pouring on Arjun's already wounded ego. He swatted the glass away and picked up the bottle, finishing the entire venom in one sip. Bella smiled at Rajveer and under the table dialled a number.

****

The morning rays fell on Aditya and he woke up fluttering his eyelashes a few times before things became decently visible for him. The first thing that he felt apart from the air on his face was an intense headache that refused to settle down. He groaned holding his head in his hands and stretched his legs pushing the empty alcohol bottle on the floor. The bottle rolled at a certain distance causing drums to ring in Aditya's ear.