Chapter Twenty-One

Magsimula sa umpisa

Natigilan siya sa sinabi ko. I did my best not to smile devilishly while staring at her. She seems tempted. Kahit tanggapin n'ya ang alok ko, walang kokontra sa kanya. She's the sole owner of Montreal Corp. now. I purposely waited for this opportunity to happen, I won't let this slide.

"W-Why are you doing this just to help me?" she asked.

I leaned closer to her and smiled. "Because we want the same thing, Akira Montreal. We both want to ruin Kairo North's life, right?"

She became more uneasy. I can read what she's thinking right now just based on her actions. I know how much Akira hated Kairo North. Her marriage with him took her freedom and besides, she had to take care of Kairo's daughter with someone else. That's a really big insult to her but she couldn't do anything since she needs Kairo the most. 

"And besides... it's such a waste to let a beauty like you remained by his side forever. You deserve better, Akira." I held her hand again and this time, she just let me hold her hand.

"What do you mean?" she asked and finally looked at me too.

"I'm interested in you, Akira," I lied. Lying and pretending couldn't be helped if I want to reach my goal.

Her face reddened even more. "W-Why? I'm like... ten years older than you."

"Does that matter? I don't care about things like that and besides... you're still beautiful, you're even more beautiful than your daughter," I said even though I haven't seen Kairo's daughter yet.

Her eyes widened and looked at me with disbelief... Bullseye. Cadence was right. Akira's number one insecurity is Kairo North's daughter. 

I started planning everything with Akira after she fell in my trap. It seems like she really hated Kairo and his daughter, it helped me a lot. She gave me access on Kairo's funds and properties. She gave me more information more than Cad can give. 

But it seems like she really fell in love with me which I find irritating. I just need to be patient. I'll dump her after I get her company shares on NTC. I just need to wait more. 

But Kairo North's daughter, Kiara Amaris North came into the picture at the perfect timing. I saw her for the first time at Cad's bar. She's different from Akira. She's a wild young girl. She always looks happy... I hate it. Kairo North's daughter doesn't deserve to be this happy. I'll make sure that I will turn her smiles and laughs into misery and suffering.

I still remember how hard I brushed my teeth after kissing her for the first time. I fucking hate her too, not the way I hate Kairo... but I hate Kiara Amaris too. I just hate everything about Kairo North. 

"Xanthos... what are you planning to do with Kiara?"

I stopped typing on my laptop and looked at Cadence. I sighed and removed my eyeglasses.

"Of course I'll make her suffer too. Why are you suddenly asking that?" I asked. This is not like him. Cad doesn't give a fuck about other people.

"Can't you just let her be? I know what Kairo North did to you is unforgivable... but Kiara is innocent. Wala siyang kinalaman do'n at hindi dapat siya madamay. If you just get to know her, you'll see that she's different from Kairo and Aldovino North," Cad explained.