𝐼. one

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

ONE.

parker gets his ass kicked.

     DEVYN MCCOY GROANED AT THE INCESSANT beeping from her alarm clock, her arm reaching out from underneath her mess of purple covers and clothes, and throwing it to the floor to effectively stop the sound

     DEVYN MCCOY GROANED AT THE INCESSANT beeping from her alarm clock, her arm reaching out from underneath her mess of purple covers and clothes, and throwing it to the floor to effectively stop the sound. She hummed in satisfaction as the sound ceased and cuddled further into her mattress. A knock on her door elicited another groan from the young girl's lips.

"Devyn! Get your ass up! You have to leave in 30 minutes!" her mother shouted through the door with a heavy sigh at the end, this not being the first time Tracey McCoy has had to yell for her daughter to get up in the morning.

     Devyn covered her ears with her pillow, groaning for the umpteenth time in the past five minutes. She sluggishly rose from her bed, tossing her comforter to the side as she planted her feet on the ground. She rubbed the tiredness out of her eyes, before brushing her curls out of her face. She mindlessly reached to the floor, picking up the alarm clock, to place it back on her nightstand, and a random pair of pink socks to put onto her feet.

     She sighed as she takes in the state of her room; homework papers, pairs of shoes, dirty clothes, pencils, and her soccer gear are all scattered across the floor. She rolled her eyes, before gathering up some papers and shoving it into her school satchel and throwing her soccer gear into her other bag. She picked up a couple pencils and throws them into her satchel as well, Gwen constantly getting annoyed with her unpreparedness.

     The brunette grabbed a random pair of jeans from her closet, a black long sleeve, and a Fiona Apple t-shirt to throw over the other shirt. She shrugged at the decent outfit she put together while glancing at herself in her full-length mirror. She looked down to her feet, an internal debate on whether she should keep the bright pink socks on or not. She decided to wear them, no use in changing them if no one was going to see them. She stuck her hand underneath her bed, feeling around for her black converse. She let out a little cheer when her hand grabbed both shoes. She quickly laced them up with two bunny ears, while checking the time.

     7:05 AM was blinking back at her.

     She gave herself an impressed nod, before jumping up and making her to the bathroom in the hall. She brushed her teeth, washed her face, and calm-downed her crazed curls. She applied some makeup, consisting of light mascara, blush, and a tinted lip-balm. She winked and pointed finger-guns at herself in the mirror, happy with appearance.

     The smiling girl walked back into her room to grab her school satchel, soccer backpack, and skateboard before making her way down the hall and into the main living space— with the kitchen, living room, and extremely small, shouldn't even be classed as a dining room, dining room. She greeted her mom with a 'good morning' before eating the assortment of berries on the island counter that separated the kitchen from the rest of the room.