Chapter 7

Nikki POV

I have been very busy recently due to the war. Practically all of the chefs or cooks have been sent off there leaving all the work for us. So the rest of the baking is left to me and a girl called Sally. Sally has deep red hair that reaches down to her waist her hair is curly. She has a lot of freckles starting at the end of her left eye to the end of her other eye. I haven't talked to her too much but now its really just me and her I might as well try to start a conversation since I'm getting bored of the silence we are sat in.

''You're Sally right." I say catching the girls attention wanting to make a good impression with her because it's just us.

"Oh yes it is I don't think I've seen you around here before, are you new?" Sally asked me. I nearly started laughing at her question, because I was one of the most well known people who worked here in the castle, but the way she sounded so serious threw me of. When she saw my face expression she was more than confused than anything.

"No I've worked here since Prince Wilbur and Prince Technoblade were babies. And I'm Nikki." As I said this the girls face lit up in confusion.

"What I have never seen you before anyway nice to meet you Nikki." Sally said "What do you specialise in with baking like meats or cakes that sort of stuff you know." Sally ranted on. "I like to make like main courses and I'm okay at making vegetables."

"I like to make cakes and that sort of stuff." I say. As I look up towards the clock I see its 15 past. Shit. I was meant to take the cake out of the oven at 5 past why did I try to talk to Sally.

"What's that smell. It smells like something is burnt. Have you got something in the oven." Sally asked sounding a bit concerned and confused.

"Yeah I left a cake in the oven for 10 minutes to long." I say as I run over to the oven as soon as I open it some smoke filled the air around me. I started to cough due to it and grabbed some oven gloves. I carefully took the burnt cake out of there and put it on the side. I heard Sally start giggling in the background.

"Right I need to take these to the bakery down town for them to be decorated." I said pointing to a tray of undecorated cupcakes and a tray of decorated ones.

"Ok I'll see you soon." Sally called out while walking over to a chest of draws that contained trays and utensils used to decorate cakes.

"See you." I yell. I put the trays into a bag and walk out of the kitchen towards the door. That's when I bumped into the king.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry king Philza that was my fault u was in a rush." I say as fast as I can before he could say anything. I could see prince Technoblade in the background holding some paper with writing on it he was trying not to laugh.

"No its fine Nikki I wasn't looking where I was going its fine." Philza explained to me. While he was talking I could tell he had been crying his voice was cracking a bit when he spoke. I could tell something was wrong.

"That reminds me I have a new cake ready to be tried, do you want to try them?" I ask him I think this made him feel a bit better due to a small smile creeping onto his face.

"I would like that Nikki." Philza says.

As we walk back to the kitchen we spoke few words apart from that it was silent. Not awkward. When we made out way to the kitchen Sally wasn't there and I walked over to storage room where we keep all the cakes and stuff. I saw the one I made the day prior and picked it up trying not to drop it. Once I left the room I placed it onto a a table. The cake was red velvet and had a hot pink icing coat with deep red roses formed in multiple circles. There was a  white icing design on the side of the cake. And there were small edible silver beads placed in the middle of the roses.

I walked over to the chest of draws and took out a plate and a knife. I walked over to the cake and cut a slice off and placed it on its side and gave it to the king.

After he had one bite he ate the rest of it extremely quickly. When he finished I took his plate and placed it into the dishwasher and turned it on. I walked over to where the cake sat and picked it up and put it away.

"Was it okay." I ask hoping he would say yes.

"It was amazing I love it." Philza replied. I felt a smile creeping onto my face and then wonder why was he sad in the first place I've worked here for a long time and never seen him like that odd if you ask me.

"Why were you crying?" I ask in a gentle and calming tone.

"Am I a bad farther Nikki." Philza asks.

Dream POV

It's been 2 days since we planed the escape. And we all think it will work. We were all getting ready for the plan when we heard someone yelling outside our door. I told Sapnap to go see who it is.

When he opened the door we could hear him talking to the person. When he walk back over to us he seemed to look upset and angry.

"Sapnap what happened." George asks.

"It was staff. They said that Tommy is going back to L'manburg to get better then he is being sent back here." Sapnap explained.

"Ok I'm going to call someone to pick us up on Monday night." George says as he walks away into a different room.

"Wait when do they want him to go back to L'manburg." Karl asks, he sounded quite panicked and stressed out.

"They want send him back there on Wednesday but we will be long gone then so it isn't something to worry about. But there is a letter here for Tommy from L'manburg and guessing from the bad hand writing I'm guessing it's from Prince Technoblade." Sapnap says. We all seemed surprised by the last part of his sentence.

"Why would they send him anything." Quackity muttered. He then walked over to Sapnap and took the letter from Sapnap. He then started to open it.

"Quackity you can't open that it's for Tommy." Karl yells at Quackity.

"Yes I know but why would they send him anything if they wanted him to be here. He has said that they neglected him so it seems extremely suspicious if they have sent him this." Quackity explained. Me and George were just shocked by this as well as Karl and Sapnap none of us would of thought he was neglected. Why would they do this.

"Well then what does it say and who is it from." I ask still shocked and very confused about what has happened.

"It's from Technoblade. I think he wanted to convince Tommy that it was all Philza's idea to send him here and that Phil made them ignore him and that him and Wilbur are very sorry. It's completely bullshit and I think you all know this." Quackity started.

"That just makes sense and I'm pretty sure that Wilbur and Technoblade chose to ignore him." Karl said.

"Yeah they did have a option." I say. While saying this I start to look around and see something in the corner of my eye. Tommy.

"Tommy how long have you been standing there?" I question the boy.

"Long enough to know what's in that letter and that Techno is a lying pice of shit." He said while taking a seat at the table.

1376 words