∞︎︎I 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝖿𝖺𝗌𝖼𝗂𝗇𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇

I sat Indian-style on the bottom of the cell floor, the same position I had occupied for almost two hours. Waiting was exhausting.

I glanced at the automatic calendar that was built into the back wall, just to be sure that I wasn't mistaken. I wasn't. It was Wednesday.

It was Wednesday, and my father was two hours late. 

After a bit more of waiting, the buzzer next to the gigantic bullet-proof titanium doors flashed and turned green. I stood.

The gargantuan doors slid open, and I walked into the small visiting room. But instead of being met with my father's face, I was met with Jake's.

"Jake. Hi."

"Hey Charity. I missed you."

"I missed you too."

I reached out to touch him, but a bit too close. I forgot that an invisible force field kept us from being able to come in contact with one another. It was as if I'd jammed my hand against a glass wall.

It all truly made me feel like a real convict.

I sat down again Indian-style in front of him, as close as I could. He did the same.

"So why didn't Daddy come?" I asked, fiddling with my bracelet.

"He-something came up. He and the Avengers are up to something."

"When are they not?" I huffed. "What came up?"

"You remember how I told you about Thor's brother, Loki? They've been onto him for a while now, but just this week have developed a plan to capture him. Actually, they should be bringing him in at any moment now. They left pretty early this morning."

I looked up and met his eyes for the first time. "They're holding him here? Like, in these same cells?"

He nodded. "Well, yeah."

I gawked at him. "And they're not the slightest bit worried about me sleeping next to the world's most wanted criminal?"

"Charity, nothing can get through these cells. And I seriously doubt he'd try anything, anyways; this is one of the most heavily guarded facilities on the planet." He smirked, "But, if he does, I'll be here to protect you."

His flirty comment hardly registered. "Yeah, some Norse god being held against his will in a jail cell. He won't try anything. He's only the god of mischief. It'll be a doozy." I rolled my eyes.

Jake leaned his head against the force field, and sighed. It glimmered, then hardened once again. "Sucks that you're in there."

"No kidding." I leaned back onto my hands.

He then looked me in the eyes. "I just want to hold you again."

I looked down. "Me too."

Then his eyes caught sight of something; my hair. I reached behind me and tugged on the ponytail, adjusting it so that maybe he wouldn't see so much.

His face looked pained. "Charity...your hair..."

"I know," I whispered.

"Do you think it's getting any better?" He questioned.

"Some." That was a lie.

"Good. When was the last time, you know, you had a spell?"

Last night. I had another tantrum and threw things at the wall. I'd then blacked out and woken up to see all the damage that I'd caused. The cameras knew that, but Jake didn't.