31. 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙩 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠

Start from the beginning

"And you'll just run?" Stefan asks, still not convinced.

"We've done it before. Klaus and Rebekah spent the better part of a thousand years evading my father. What's another half century while Elena is able to live out the rest of her natural life?" Elijah continues.

"We've finally stopped him, Elijah. After everything that he's done to us, I can't just let you bring him back" Elena adds, making me sigh.

"You sure did get rid of him at the wrong time" I say, making Elijah squeeze my shoulder signaling me to stop.

"I give you my word, Elena. I will not revive Klaus within yours nor even within your children's lifetimes. Perhaps that will finally teach him some manners." Elijah once again offers his deal. Elena looked more convinced than the rest.

"Why should she trust you? All you've done is screw her over." Matt speaks up. He had a point but she's screwed us over too. We were on an even playing field.

"And for that, I am deeply ashamed. But now, she could have been dead the instant I walked through that door tonight, so Elena, I leave it to you to make the decision whether to trust me or not."

I look over to Elena. To them these words must mean a lot. I mean the way Elijah puts it, it'd be difficult to say no. But there was a smarter one. Damon.

"Not! Hello? Did that concussion give you brain damage?! His lunatic siblings will kill you the first chance they get!" Damon speaks from the phone.

"Rebekah and Kol will honor the terms. If you return Klaus' body to us, Elena will come to no harm."Elijah  secures.

"And where does Valeria fit into this?"

This makes everyone look over at me. Elijah gave me a choice either I ran with them or I stayed behind. But I made my choice and I'm sure Elijah knew.

"I run with them" I didn't want to. I really didn't but at this moment sitting watching how everyone was protecting her I had no option. If they weren't looking out for me I was going to do what I had done before. Leave them behind.

I looked up at Stefan seeing his face filled with guilt. I wish that guilt was enough for him for once to finally pick me but it wasn't.

"Do we have a deal?" Elijah waits for an answer looking over at them.

"No! No, no, no, no! Did I mention no?"

"Elena, it's up to you." Stefan says.

"Why do you want Klaus' body?"

"He's my brother. We remain together."

Elena sighs, convinced. "We have a deal".

We both nod in agreement. Elijah signals me to leave to retrieve Klaus' body. I was meeting Rebekah there. I used my vamp speed not wanting to get in a car that would just put more eyes on us.

──────༺♡༻──────

When I arrived at the warehouse that Damon said he was in I waited for Rebekah outside. I was getting worried she was taking longer than she said. I stood there in silence when I heard my phone ringing. It was an unknown number. I still picked it up.