chapter twenty-one

______________third pov

______________
third pov

as the band preformed it was obvious they had the passion for it. they had talent, they had drive, and everyone in the audience loved it. they were all having a great time.

the whole time karl couldn't take his eyes off her and as they finished their set, he hardly noticed. she was captivating, she radiated confidence when performing.

he saw her lean back from her microphone and smirk. it was evident she was happy, really happy. she deserved to be up there, and he was happy for her.

the band quickly thanks everyone for listening and walks backstage.

a few minutes later they are seen coming from backstage and weaving through the crowd.

karl watches as she stops to talk to people, noting the familiarity of one of the people in the crowd.

"alex is that-"

"i didn't know celeste would be here." alex quickly says, looking down.

she and him hadn't spoken much in the past month but considered themselves on okay terms. which was one way to put whatever they were.

jude stops to hug celeste, letting out a loud shriek of excitement. "i can't believe you're here! you know you didn't have to come!"

celestia waves her off, beaming. "don't be a dumbass! i love you and of course i came!"

morgan walks over to alex, giving him a quick hug. "thank you for coming! judy is going to be so happy! and i see you brought a few fri- is that karl?"

he then turns to the man he didn't notice before, sitting next to a man in a black mask and an adorable girl in a pink sweater.

"uhm..no?" alex says, darting his eyes between the two. "okay in his defense, he is here to apologize for being an asshole."

"more than an asshole but whatever." morgan raises an eyebrow at this but decides he wants to see how it plays out.

judith makes her way over to where she notices morgan standing, celestia by her side. "hey so, celeste is gonna stay the weekend. that's cool right?"

her attention is quickly taken away once she notices him. what is he doing here? when did he get here? how did he even kno-

"alex. a word please?" she directs a harsh glare to the man she calls her neighbor and good friend.

he winces, looking at celeste for help, who just shrugs. "can't sorry. gotta talk to celeste!"

he grabs her arm and rushes through the crowd. morgan quickly taking the hint and following after him a few seconds later, dragging corpse and tina to go talk to the other members of the band.

"righttt so i'm gonna introduce these two people whose names i don't know to stella, aiden, and eli byee!"

jude glares at their retreating figures before nodding her head to the bathrooms.

then after karl doesn't take the hint, grabbing his hand and going into the gender neutral one and closing the door behind them.

"so you came to my show? you needed my attention or something?"

karl stammered out a long response, "okay i know you're still upset, and most of all hurt and i want to start by saying i am so sorry. not only for lying but for dragging all of out friends into our lies." he takes a second to collect his thoughts on what else he wants to say.

"and i know there is no way for me to take back or undo everything and i guess i just wanted things to happen naturally. because i was so smitten when i met you, like i looked into your eyes and was already planning our 3rd date. i just needed you and in my head the only way for that to happen was for you to think i lived nearby. i was thinking 'what if she only dates college guys' and all i was thinking was that i was drawn to you. in a way i don't regret what i said, as much as i regret not telling you the next day or immediately. then at least we could be laughing about it."

jude lets him go on his rant, listening and actually finding herself laughing at some of the things he said.

"i just regret it all so much, the lying, the guilt everyone had to feel keeping secrets from you, all of it. i just wanted you to think i was a normal guy." he wraps it all up, his ranting coming to an end.

"obviously you don't have to talk to me! or even forgive me and i don't want to excuse what i did. i know it was dumb. but hey in my defense, i did go to college at one point. okay now i'm done."

jude lifts an eyebrow, "you went to college?"

"yeah! well i dropped out a few weeks from graduating to edit for jimmy but i did go." karl beams, she's talking to him!

"that's not usually what people mean when they say they went to college but okay." judith mutters, glancing down at her shoes before looking up after a moment.

"hi. i'm jude." she extends her hand with a smile. karl looks at her for a minute before shaking it with a smile of his own.

"hey jude, i'm karl."

(a/n: HI ?? i'm so sorry it has been so long i had the worlds worst writer block,, buttt i am working on it and i think the fact that all of my friends are slowly dropping me i think is helping !!

okay but no yeah i missed you all !! i am working on getting back into writing mcyt with the help of the tumblr imagines i write !! idk how many ppl even really want an update tbh but yeah hi !!

my tumblr is im-honeybee btw :))

on a serious note: my mental health has just been shit for months and whenever it isn't that bad something happens and i just go back to staying in bed all day and crying. i just figured might as well write while doing so,, yeah

also the karl apology might be really shitty it's almost 5am when i'm writing the second half of this chapter sooo,, written (finished) 1-18-22 HAPPY NEW YEAR BTW ILYASM AHHHHHHHHHHHH anywayyyssss bee, out!)

(p.s. i swear i'll update the other two books and finish them all !! and it hopefully won't take months until my next update!!)

(p.p.s. I'VE BEEN WRITING THESE BOOKS OVER A YEAR NOW CUS I STARTED THE ALL DECEMBER 2020 WHATTT)