chapter eight

___________ THIRD POV

___________
THIRD POV

karl stays quiet for a minute, which makes people curious.

"that's a yes." clay screams. he and sapnap wolf whistle, making everyone laugh at their successful attempt to defuse some tension.

karl gives only a slow nod as his answer, shoving his hands that are in his sweater sleeve in his face to hide.

"wait who?" tubbo mutters only for wilbur to turn to him and whisper something jude couldn't hear. "oh nevermind."

"oh, is it someone you all know?" jude inquired, looking around the room at everyone who seemed to know who it was.

"it's-" tommy started to declare only to be abruptly cut off by a look from karl that jude missed.

alex, karls unintentional mvp wingman, decides to cut in. "we have a theory."

jude gives a small nod, secretly wishing karl had said no. at least then she could have a chance.

if they all know who it is it must be someone they all know, possibly another online friend? wilbur did mention that this is only a portion of their very large ever growing friend group.

if he had said no she could've gotten him to actually like her over time possibly. him flirting must just be for fun or something.

she shouldn't get her hopes up.

"techno truth or dare?" karl's voice is heard in jude's head from the right of her, interrupting her thoughts and making her snap her head at the man who she forgot was there due to his quietness.

as the large groups game of truth or dare continues for around an hour and a half they slowly become more and more chaotic, whatever last bit of possible embarrassment leaving as they get to know jude even more.

around halfway through the game jude makes it a point to collect the people who's number she didn't get yesterday's numbers.

the game ends as they all break off into smaller groups, just chatting.

jude is in the middle of a conversation with tommy about the queen of england when there's a knock at the door.

"did you order food?" alex asks, turning to jude as everyone quiets down. jude shakes her head, as does everyone else.

the knock is heard again, making jude walk over to the door. not thinking to look through the peephole she opens the door, greeted with the sight of her ex boyfriend, miles.

everyone in the apartment looks at eachother, wondering who this guy is.

"miles?" jude blurts out in shock, staring at him.

he smirks, "hey there judy. i miss you."

her breathing slows a bit at the nickname, her heart pounding. he misses her?