ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

TAREQ POV
Three days went by slowly. The room we were confined to was a basement type room in a small, rundown house on the outskirts of the city. We were fed only once a day, and the food we were given was some awful salad that I guessed was made with old ingredients.

Now Chandler and I had made ourselves busy flipping an empty plastic water bottle we'd kept from one of the meals. It wasn't the most ideal past time, but it gave us something to do rather than just laying around.

Footsteps from outside made both of us turn to the door. It unlocked and opened, and once more the faceless man who we couldn't identify stepped inside.
"Let's play a little game," he said in his painfully familiar voice. "Both of you are coming with me."

Chandler scoffed. "Where are we going?"
The man gave a low sound, almost like a growling chuckle. "You'll see. Now come."

I stood up, feeling a pang of confidence.
"Make us." I challenged. I heard Chandler get up behind me, and when I glanced back, he gave me a You're gonna get it look.

(TW: Minor violence)
I turned back to the faceless man, but I didn't get the chance to even look at him before a sharp, painful force knocked me back. I cringed, as new pain coursed through my jaw. I guessed now I understood where Chandler got his bruises.

(TW over)

"Now that that's settled," the man said as I slowly stood up with Chandler's help. "Let's go."

Reluctantly, we folllowed him out of the room and up the stairs. He lead us around the house, which was quite dark, and as I cast a glance out of a window, I realized it was night. We had no windows or sense of time in our confines, and had lost all track of it.

The man lead us to another room where there was a table and chairs. It resembled a meeting room of types, and the man settled himself down at the end. He gestured for us to take a seat, and we did, opposite from each other.

"I have a very simple task for you," the man spoke, facing Chandler with his covered face. "You're going to bring me someone very important."

Chandler looked confused, and the man continued.
"I will let you go only if you agree to do exactly as I say." Chandler and I exchanged a glance, as the man continued.

"You are going to tell Karl Jacobs to accompany you somewhere, where I will be waiting. If you do so, you and your friend," he jerked a finger towards me. "Will never see me again."

Chandler had been listening closely to the man, and now he raised a hand.
"What are you going to do to Karl if I do this for you?"

The man gave a deep snicker. "Well if I told you that, you wouldn't help me would you?" He gave a scoff. "Just trust me and do as I say, and you might escape alive. Deal?"

I turned to look at Chandler, and the seconds passed in silence. When Chandler finally spoke, his voice was steady.

"No. I won't help you. I'm not betraying my friends."

There was more silence, as the seemingly faceless man stared Chandler down, tapping his fingers on the table.

"Very well." He said at last. He turned to me. "Then you will do it."

I gave an appalled gasp. "No way," I said quickly. "If you think I'm gonna help you hurt my friends, you're stupider than I thought."

The man turned his masked face to the table, apparently quite annoyed.
"Loyal friends," he spoke quietly. "But your loyalty will go against you this time."

(TW: More mild violence)

With that, he got up, sharply grabbing Chandler's collar and pulling him up with force. I barely had time to figure out what was going on before the man shoved Chandler hard against the wall, pinning him there. Chandler wasn't at peak strength from the lack of food in the past days, and he couldn't fight back as the man gave him a hard punch in the jaw, then shoved him back, sending him falling backwards. The man yanked him up again, not giving him a second to react as he dragged him and threw him into the wall.

Chandler slumped forwards, groaning in pain and obviously dazed from the sudden attack. I was too focused on watching him to see if he'd be alright, and I didn't notice the man approaching me until I felt a rough grip on my own collar. I didn't have time to react before more pain shot through my jaw as I was sent back.

The man yanked me up the same way he did Chandler, but I was prepared. Before he could throw me into the wall, I pivoted my foot and turned, wrenching myself out of his grip. I stepped forward, punching the man in his masked face.

"Show yourself, coward!" I yelled confidently. He was dazed, and I lunged forward, gripping his mask and hood. I yanked back, and the tearing of cloth sounded as the mask gave way and his hood slid off his head.

I staggered back from the force of the motion, and stared at the man I saw before me.

Now it made sense to me why his voice always sounded so familiar.

Chandler's pained voice echoed my own shock as he spoke.

"Shane?!"

A/N: BAM! Who of you guessed the assassin correctly? Be honest! XD.

Short chapter today because I wanted one dedicated for discovering the mysterious bad guy. ;)

Also I know I didn't update for a whole day, it was because I was thinking how to do this. Lol

Hope you enjoyed!

Anticipate chapter nine!

Remember to smile, because smiles are the brightest light! \ (^-^) /