Ghost Town

"Last orders, please." A barista yelled out as he was about to close the cafe. Izuku Midoriya was sipping his latte.

"Deku." Ochako Uraraka asked.

"Yeah?"

"Do you see what I'm saying?"

"Yeah, totally."

"I know he's your best friend, but you do live with him. I know. It's not that I don't like Eijiro. Eijiro, it's not that I don't like you."

"It's alright." Eijiro Kirishima said as he was playing a game.

"It'd just be nice if we could..."

"Fuck."

"Spend a bit more time together."

"Balls."

"Just the two of us."

"Cock it."

"It's just with Eijiro here, it's no wonder I always bring my flatmates out, and then that only exacerbates things."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you guys hardly get on, do you?"

"No, what does "exacerbate" mean?"

"It means to make things worse."

Right, right. Well, I mean, it's not that I don't like Tenya and Mina, you know. Guys, it's not that I don't like you."

"It's all right."

And it's not that I don't want to spend time with you, 'cause I do. It's just Eijiro doesn't have too many friends."

"Can I get any of you guys a drink? Anybody?"

"No, thank you."

"I know friends are important to Izuku, but you do actually have to set some quality time aside for yourselves." Tenya Iida suggested

"Yeah, I mean Tenya is always taking me to see these listed buildings, and you know, I'm always dragging him to the theater." Mina Ashido talks about her love of theater. Last week she saw Sweeney Todd.

"I'm not so hot on theater." Izuku lied, cause he likes the Takarazuka Revue.

"Well, how about a nice meal? It's your anniversary soon, isn't it?"

"It was last week."

"Oh. Did you do anything special?"

"We came here."

"Izubro. Bar Snack." Kirishima tosses him a bag of snacks.

"Deku, what I'm trying to say is I need something more, more than spending every night at Rikdo's. I want to get out there and do more interesting stuff. I want to live a little. I want you to want to want to do it, too. Listen to me. I'm beginning to sound like your mom. Not that I'd know what she sounds like.

"You still haven't met his mom?" Iida asked surprised.

"Not yet."

"Don't you get along with your mom, Izuku?" Mina asked him.

"No. It's not that I don't get on with her..."

"Are you ashamed by your mom, Izuku?"

"No, I love my mom."

"I love his mom."

"Eijiro!"

"She's like butter."

"Eijiro!"

"Izuku!" Mina and Iida yelled.

"Guys. Look, I understand what you're trying to say, okay, and I agree. We should get out there. We'll start tomorrow. All right, I'll book a restaurant, you know, the place that does all the fish. Just the two of us. Things will change, I promise."

"Really, Deku?"

"Time, gentlemen." The Barista yelled to the customers.

"Deku?"

Izuku had no idea what was gonna happen in the next two days.