•08•

You feel like royalty...

The way the dress hugs you and how the silk feels like thousands of butterfly kisses across your skin. It's a feeling of beauty you've never experienced it before.

You had found the dress up in the attic at your house. It's where your mom put all her clothes from when she was younger. It's not smart for you to rummage through the boxes and take her things, but she won't have a single clue. You'll wear it to the banquet and then come home and put it back before she notices. It's not like she goes up to the attic often.

Maybe you should've told them about the banquet, but you really just want this to be yours. To get credit for your hard work over the years. It's always been your parents names that gets all the glory. You just want to feel appreciated for the effort and work you've put into the cafe. You love your parents, but all they do is assist you. Help make tea and take payments from customers...but that's about it. You do the ordering, cooking, cleaning, and pay the bills. Basically everything.

This banquet will give you that sweet satisfaction. To see people from all over the world enjoying your desserts. Ever since Colt gave you the invitation, you've been planning the recipes you'll be using. You're for sure using the blueberry and cinnamon cream cheese danish that Armin suggested and also a peach tart that's been a favorite at your cafe.

You're excited to be using the Tyburs kitchen as your own and wondering if the expensive appliances will bring even more flavor to your pastries. You don't care about that though, because you're positive tonight will be a success.

~

The time comes to meet Colt at the train station and you've managed to hide your mothers dress beneath your regular outfit. The brown skirt and long sleeve cover the slim cream colored dress well enough that your parents suspect nothing when you tell them you'll be gone most of the day looking for new ingredients for some pastries.

Colt had explained you wouldn't need to bring anything and that the Tyburs would supply you with everything you need, but you grab a few things and put them in a bag. It's all still so surreal. You're really going to a royal banquet with hundreds of rich families visiting from places of power all around the world.

"There you are," Colt stands up from leaning on the brick wall of the side of the train station. "Are you ready?"

"I'm nervous," you sigh with a shaky heart. "But I'm ready."

"We should get going. You need to make enough pastries for everyone before people show up," Colt grabs your bag from you and holds it while the two of you board the train.

They make Colt stay in the back cart due to him being an Eldian, but you don't mind. In fact, it's quieter in the secluded area. But he seems embarrassed.

"Here," Colt wipes some dust off a wood crate and then gestures for you to sit down. You do as he says and cross your leg over the other.

"Will you be there tonight?" You gaze up at Colts hazel colored eyes with a curious gaze.

"Unfortunately not," he frowns and rubs the back of his neck. "But you'll be just fine."

"I know, but it would be nice to have someone I know there."

"I'll come pick you up when it's over and take you home. Then you can tell me all about it," he leans against the wall of the train and smiles down at you. "Just enjoy yourself, y/n. I'm hoping this can be your push into the future. Maybe you can talk to someone there about opening your own cafe in another country."

"That's great and all, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I'm pretty sure my future is just working at my parents cafe until they pass. Then maybe I'll have my own place," you bite your inner cheek.