10

Maggie: Thanks for today, Eyeball. I actually had a fucking good time.

Eyeball: So do I. Call when you're home from work, alright?

Maggie: Sure thing. See ya.

Maggie shuts the car door before walking to the diner, of which was the only thing lighting the carpark's with it's neon blue sign and red strip lights along the roof in the night time.

The door chimes blend in with the jukebox as it played Little Bitty Pretty One. Owen was twisting his hips slightly to the tune and swaying his head as he cleaned the countertop, reaching out to Maggie's when he saw her.

Owen: M'lady? Care to dance.

Maggie: Why of course, good sir.

She took his hand and he twirled her around before the two danced together to the chorus of Be My Baby, mouthing the words to each other as they caught the attention of whoever was lucky enough to be sat in the booths.
The two saw Jill's polaroid flash from next to them, and they broke apart, bowing humorously at the clapping customers. Owen leaned against a stool, catching his breathe.

Maggie: Wow, for your old age you're a neat dancer still.

Owen: The nerve. I'll suffocate you with this rag if you don't get to work.

Jill stuck the photo of the two dancing on the wall behind the counter. It was full of loads of other photos. Like one of Barb hugging Judy from behind, and Owen standing on top of a table after closing time pretending to play guitar with a mop.

Jill: you two are just the cutest. However, work time for you missy.

Maggie tied her apron around her waist and began taking orders to people who came over. She'd been put on the short shift, and she was kept busy with making milkshakes and serving tables, therefore it went quickly.
Before the three knew, the diner was empty, so after cleaning, they sat down in a booth to rest their feet.

Owen: So, Margaret, what's the latest on the Ace or Chris situation?

Maggie: Ugh, I honestly have been putting it off. I don't even wanna decide.

Jill: So you don't know, baby?

Maggie: nuh-uh. I have no clue. I mean, i know i'd do anything for the gang, but Chris is just... i don't know. He just changed everything. he changed how I saw the world.

Owen: Awwww, are you indicating that you 'L-word' him?

Maggie: I didn't have a choice it just happened!

Jill: I don't blame you. he's handsome, charming, polite, and a gentleman

Owen: Sounds like you love him too, Jill.

Jill smacks his arm and he winces, making Maggie smirk slightly.

Maggie: he is. but the gang is the gang.

Owen: What's drawing you to the gang so much?

Maggie: Ace is my best friend. And i'm his. You know how it is with us.

Jill: We know. and we know how much you mean to each other, but if that's how it is, then shouldn't this whole thing have been avoided?

Maggie: What do you mean?

Owen: No no, yeah you're right, Jill.

Jill: of course i'm right.

Owen: Yeah, you two would do anything for each other, right?

Maggie: Yeah

Owen: So if you mean so much to him, and he'd do anything for you, then shouldn't he just be able to overlook this little thing. It's not like it's gonna come between you both, so why can't he be a friend and be happy for you?