Chapter Three: Dreams

Start from the beginning

"Saponum!" She could now hear him in front of her, she watched as his opponent got distracted by the soapy bubbles coming out of his month. His wand arm circled around until it pointed at the death eater again. "Immobulus!" The chocking wizard suddenly froze and collapsed onto the ground.

"CONCIDO!" She shouted slicing through the flesh and bone of the man about to attack him from behind after he'd seen his fallen comrade. He screamed as his forearm was cut off and hit the ground.

"Dirumpor!" Someone shouted from in front of them. A massive explosion pushed them all back as one of the shops exploded outwards

"Remus!" She shouted desperately through the mist of fallen rubble. "Remus!"

"Cal?" A voice coughed out. "Callie what are you doing here?"

"Saving your sorry arse!" She smiled in relief after hearing his voice. She ran a hand through her short-cropped hair, weirdly remembering seeing the memory of her father doing the exact same thing.

"You Potters', going to be the death of me, you know." He laughed, but his voice was soft as if hurt. Her heart squeezed in pain at the odd feeling of déjà vu. She frowned as she stepped over glass and wood searching ahead of her until she found a figure sitting on the ground; he was hunched over a small body.

"Remus?" She gasped out, rushing ahead now that she could see more. "Are you alright? Who's this?"

"A first year by the look of him. There we're a couple in the bookshop I was at when this started. I told them to run to the back exist with Colin Creevey, but this one appears to have stayed behind."

"Are you hurt though?" She crouched down, looking at the light brown-haired man that was a beloved uncle to her, his hair was covered in dust and his faced streaked with dirt, there was some blood on his robes. But all she could look at were the pale green eyes that smiled at her. Warmth flooded through her at the look of unconditional love clear on every line on his face.

"I think I've got some glass in my leg, but the adrenaline is taking away the pain at the moment." He winced, their eyes both flickering to his left leg.

"And the boy?" She asked, her hand gripping her short staff more tightly as she took her eyes away from them and glanced about them aware that they weren't the only ones caught in the blast.

"Good, just knocked unconscious by the fall. I shielded him from the debris." Remus ran a hand over the young boy's head searching for a lump.

"Small mercies." She mumbled her eyes wondering around her waiting for someone to attack them. The smoke was starting to fade away and the sense of dread returned to her. Something was about to happen, something terrible.

"Avada Kedavra!" The green spell lit up the smoke around them; she quickly tugged at Remus' arm and brought them both down. The jet of green light missed them by inches.

She whirled around, crouching over the two protectively. Her eyes widened to see the unmasked face of Antonin Dolohov. His dark eyes glinted gleefully when he noticed them. He stepped out of the smoke dramatically, his dark short cut curls were covered with sot and blood dribbled down his forehead.

"AVIS!" Birds burst out of her staff as she shouted the spell. "OPPUGNO!" They drove towards the Dolohov as she pointed her staff at him. There was barely a moment for him to comprehend what had happened before he was attacked by the birds. They pecked at him in a swarm, causing him to flinch away from them as he tried to push them away with his hands so he could free his wand enough to point at them.