Nandini sat besides him wrapping her arm around him.

"Don't" He said and shoved her hands away but she remained firm.

"Nandini please" He drank another sip and held her hands away from him.

"Leave. Jao so jao" He whispered taking another sip and got up.

Nandini got up as well.

"Why are you angry with me?" Nandini asked even she knew the answer. She went to him as he sipped another sip from the drink.

"Nandini. Just leave man, please. Just fuck off" Manik said as he finally kept the bottle aside. Nandini immediately took the bottle and kept it away taking the chance.

"Don't curse" Nandini whispered as she kept her head on his chest holding his hands that were on the side.

"Nandini" Manik whispered again slightly pushing her to go away.

"are you angry with me because YOU shouted at me and now you're regretting it? Because you wanted to say so much but are not able to? Because you're an idiot who can't deal with emotions. Except when it's anger. Anger you can show very well" She said the last line sarcastically.

"I'm not angry with you or me or anybody else" Manik said turning away from Nandini.

Nandini wrapped her arms around him from the back. Manik took a deep breath.

"I wish I never fell in love" Manik said. Nandini closed her eyes as she heard him say that.

"Why?" She wanted him to let it all out even if it meant her getting hurt. She wanted him to feel light.

Today felt very unlike Manik and Nandini. Manik never behaved this way and Nandini never tolerated this behaviour.

"Because I suck at all this. I suck at feeling things. I suck at commitments" He said in his calmest tone.

Nandini rubbed her hand on his back with her one still wrapped around him.

She knew he was guilty of shouting at her but saying sorry about it didn't come naturally to him. She wanted a child. With him. She had dreamt it for forever but if that meant that they'd fall apart like this,she didn't want it.

"Fine. Let's never have a child" Nandini said as she let go off her hold on him.

Manik turned around alarmed at the loss of her physical touch on him.

He turned around to see how angry she must be but he saw her warmly smiling at him. He felt totally unworthy of having her in that moment.

He gulped a lump in his throat.

"Are you going to leave me, just like Aliya did because I can't commit--" Manik couldn't complete. It scared him. He could see the history repeating itself.

"Manik malhotra, you're going to die alone"

"Manik, you've severe commitment issues"

"No girl will ever want to be with you"

They were kids when they broke up, Manik and Aliya. But some things can't be forgotten. The break up was mutual but the sentences said to him in fights haunted him to this day.

"No. Why will I leave you?" Nandini asked smiling softly,holding his bicep.

He kept looking at her without saying anything.

"Do you also think I am dominating and that I always need complete control over everything?" Manik asked voicing out another insecurity of his.

"Do you think so?" Nandini asked back. Manik looked into her eyes intently.

MaNan-Instagram!♡जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें