Gokudera Hayato Part 2

Comincia dall'inizio

The baby smirked. "Anyone who stole something like that would've been dead within the same day they took it. Seeing as you're still alive, it's the real deal."

"...thanks." This baby had a scary sense of reasoning.

"But that doesn't explain why you're here. It can't be a coincidence."

Noelle smiled softly. Reborn was as sharp as he was in the anime and manga series.

"I was given the assignment of watching over Tsunayoshi Sawada, the tenth Vongola candidate."

"How long have you been here?"

Why was he asking her all these questions? Well, as long as it had nothing to do with revealing the secrets of the Serafin, she'd be alright. Besides, she had a feeling that lying to Reborn was hazardous to her health.

And sanity.

"Since the school year started."

A small frown formed on his face as he looked at her with contemplation. Or was it thoughtfulness? Noelle couldn't tell.

"The Ninth has considered Tsunayoshi Sawada as a candidate, but it was never confirmed until last month." His obsidian eyes bore into her. "So how did you know?"

"Know?" Noelle tilted her head to the side. "Know what?"

"That he would be candidate who would inherit the title of the Tenth."

Ah... so that was what he was talking about.

"I didn't." Noelle blinked with what she hoped was the most innocent expression on her face. "All I was told was to guard the tenth Vongola candidate."

Most of Reborn's face was hidden by his hat, but Noelle didn't miss the tiny smirk his lips formed.

"...I see."

0000

Naturally, with Tsuna and his now signature volley ball move, class 1-A won the game. Reborn said he had business to attend to and by that, he must have meant he was now going to meet the mafioso he had called to Japan even though the two of them had never even met before.

And watch as Gokudera threw dynamite at Tsuna.

Noelle took her time exiting the gym once she was sure that the pain had died down. As soon as she was out the doors, she heard a loud explosion that screamed to her that the battle between Tsuna and Gokudera had started.

"It's a wonder no one besides Tsuna has called him out on that through out the series." She muttered, making her way towards where her two classmates were.

When she turned the corner, she saw Tsuna running away from the new student screaming as he did so. Reborn noticed Noelle, flashed her a smirk and then turned back to the scene of his pupil dodging dynamite while panicking.

Tsuna was backed against the school watching in rising horror as Gokudera prepared to throw more dynamite at him.

As the scene unfolded, a nagging feeling in the back of Noelle's mind tugged at her. Something was missing... what was it?

"This is the end of the Tenth." Gokudera growled underneath his breath. "Disappear!" He shouted, flinging the explosives he was holding in his hand at Tsuna.

In desperation, Tsuna flung himself onto the grounf to meet the dynamite and tried to extinguish the lit flames with his bare hands only to yelp and jump back when the pain told him that hadn't been a good idea.

Noelle shook her head and sighed. Cupping a hand to the side of her mouth, she shouted at Tsuna, "Of course that won't work!"

"HIIIEE! Serra-san?" Tsuna looked horrified at the fact that she was standing there watching them. She couldn't get caught up in this crazy event he was being forcefully dragged into by his so-called tutor.