10. The Battle of Wills.

Stanley had his hand tight on Andie's, his eyes glued to her, feeling calmer with each glance. As they took their first steps, they well remembered the feeling of their first steps in the house, back when they were only 13. The stink of the house flooded their nostrils, causing Andie and Eddie to gag. Stanley couldn't help but regret everything again. He was beginning to regret ever coming back. He was beginning to wish he had killed himself that night. He wanted, more than anything to stop in his tracks and leave, forget all over again.

"Stanley, come on," Andie whispered softly. 

 Then he saw her. It took him one look at her to be reminded of the reason he was there. He was there for her, but he was also there for him. She had been the one to have been through everything with him, and he watched as she grew out of her fear. Now, it was his turn. He followed her as she took her steps forward, their hands still intact. Their eyes wandered around the house, cautious of any unexpected yet expected visitors. 

"Well, I love what he's done with the place," Richie snarked upon seeing black goo slowly slithering down the steps of the stairs. 

"Beep beep, Richie," Beverly shushed him. 

"All right," he pursed his lips in defeat. 

 The house was dark all over with only their flashlights shining through. Ben, Andie and Stanley had walked towards the right side, to the common room, or at least that was what it used to be. Bill, Eddie and Richie had walked further forward, into the room that led to the kitchen. Beverly and Mike were slowly following Bill's footsteps to the kitchen. Andie, Ben and Stanley were looking around the common room, using their flashlights as a light source. Just as the three were about to walk away, Ben and Andie felt sharp, stinging pain, causing them to let out a loud scream, heard by Beverly and Mike, who rushed to the three. Bill, Richie and Eddie heard their screams and yelled for them, rushing back, but the kitchen door was slammed, leaving the three to pound on the door and trying to pry it off. 

 Beverly and Mike stood behind Ben who was grunting at the pain he felt at his abdomen, while Stanley was holding onto Andie, whose throat felt hitched. Beverly helped Ben roll up his shirt, revealing his stomach being carved the letter H with blood oozing out. Andie began to gag, feeling her throat closing with unimaginable pain across her neck. She looked in panic to Stan, trying to form words. She brought a finger to her neck, feeling wet liquid against it and she saw red at the tip. The two were being cut, one on the stomach and one on the throat, both of them in ceaseless agony by a force unknown. Stanley was holding on to the back of Andie's neck as her body began lowering, with her head arched back and her lips parted, trying to call for him. 

 She could feel tears streaming down knowing Death neared her. She didn't know what was happening, how they were getting hurt. Her eyes cried as she looked at Stanley whose expression was of all things bad. He was whispering to her, assuring her that she will be okay. He stroked her hair and squeezed her hand, just anything to ease her pain. Ben's screams amplified as more letters were carved, spelling out the words 'HOME AT LAST'. Andie could feel herself choking, the cut getting deeper and deeper. Thankfully, her eyes had travelled to the mirror that was hung above the mantle before them. The mirror showed the truth in it's reflection. Andie could see the clown cutting on Ben's stomach as the ugly woman with the misshapen face cut on Andie's neck. It was the woman that haunted Stanley the last time they were there. 

 Andie whimpered in hopes that Stanley would see what she was seeing but she only received more assurance from him. She used her right hand to pull away her left hand, causing him to be distracted at the sudden freedom of his hold. She tried to point and called for him, her voice croaking, unsteady. Somehow, someway, she did something right because Stanley was horrified as his gaze moved to the mirror.