Chapter 10

A/N: GUYS I WROTE A NEW DARYL DIXON STORY! IF YOU'LL LIKE TO CHECK IT OUT THE TITLE I 'IM NOT AN ANGEL' I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT!

"So what are you doing today?" Norman asked Jade as they sat in her living room.

"I have to head to the clinic, check up on Lani" Jade said, checking her phone for the time.

"Want me to come with you?" Norman smiled at her "it's been years since I seem her"

"Yeah, but you have to changed first" Jade laughed, looking at Norman's pajamas.

"What's wrong with my clothes?" He looked down at his pajamas too.

"Don't you think you would be getting to much attention in those" she pointed at his red squared pajama pants.

"If I change I'll be changing into my onesies" He laughed, his laugh made her smile.

"Onesies? really?" She bursted out laughing.

"Hey! don't laugh at me! they're really comfortable" Norman pouted as she laughed at him.

"Whatever" she breathed and stood up from the couch "we should get going then"

Norman followed after her as she headed to the door. They walked through the New York streets. They kept walking until they got to the clinic. They walked into the elector and rode till the 7th floor.

Norman took a deep breathe as the elevator stopped on the seventh floor. Jade noticed it and turned to look at him worried.

"You okay?" she raised an eyebrow at him. She noticed his hands shaking a bit.

"Yeah," he nodded his head "just a bit nervous, I guess"

"It's alright," she took his hand in hers. She felt warmth shoot through her body at the contact "she'll love you"

Norman's breathe caught in his throat when she grabbed his hand. That warm feeling he always got was still there. Jade cleared her throat and smiled at him

"Come on let's go" she pulled him with her, never letting go of his hand. When they reached the room Lani was in, they stopped outside the door.

"Ready to meet her?" Jade asked exited. Norman nodded his head and took a breathe. Jade opened the door and walked in, Norman trailing behind her.

"Mom!" Norman heard the voice of a young girl. His eyes landed on a little girl sitting on the bed. She looked no older than 10 years old. Her skin was pain and wore a black knitted beanie, he could see the little girl had no hair underneath it. She had happiness in her eyes at the sight of her mother. That happiness soon turned to confusion at the sight of Norman.

"Mommy who's that?" Lani pulled the cover up to under her eyes and looked at Norman.

"It's my friend Norman" jade smiled at her daughter.

"Norman?" Lani asked confused. Jade laughed and turned to look at Norman, who was standing by the door quietly.

"Yeah," Jade nodded her head and turned to look back at Lani "he knew you since you were a baby"

"Really?" Lani smiled and looked at Norman. It was then he noticed she had Jacob's blue eyes.

"Yeah," Norman smiled at the child "since you were this small" he made an inch with his thumb and index finger.

Lani giggled at him and brought the covers, she was using to hide her face, down.

"Your funny" she giggled. Jade felt her heart melt as she watched them.

"I am, aren't I?" Norman chuckled and sat in the bed by her feet.

"How come I never met you before?" Lani asked with a small smile.

"I.." Norman paused not knowing what to say. It broke his heart knowing her wasn't there to see this little girl grow up. Then again he wouldn't have had Mingus if he had stay in town.

"He was traveling" Jade told her daughter "but he's here now"

Norman let a breathe out and smiled at Jade "I'm here now"