Chapter 4

Beomgyu opened Taehyun's car door with a bright grin, quickly getting in and shutting the door behind him. Taehyun expected the other to look more nervous, but Beomgyu was acting as if nothing had happened, and that baffled him.

"Why did you say it?"

"Woah no introductions or anything huh? Jeez, I'm still older than you y'know," Beomgyu huffed, looking around in disbelief. Taehyun couldn't believe the sheer audacity of the actor, walking into his car pretending that he didn't practically cause the biggest inconvenience in his life.

"Why."

"Fine, it was an impulse decision okay? There's no going back now anyways," Beomgyu leaned back into the seat, crossing his arms.

"Fix it. Tell them they misheard you or something," Taehyun responded, drawing his lips into a thin line.

"That's where we're gonna have to make a little deal," Beomgyu leaned towards Taehyun, arms still crossed, and flashed him a smile. Taehyun was really starting to get mad, the attitude of the other pissed him off. How could he act so calm about all this?

"You see, my movie's just been released, and it's doing amazing in terms of box office sales- of course, it's because of my amazing acting, but a portion of those sales are due to our little... scandal," Beomgyu explained, earning yet another look of disbelief.

"That's where you come in. I'm pretty sure your little news show's rating has gone up too hasn't it? So let's make a deal." Taehyun didn't like where this was going.

"Pretend to date me until my movie finishes airing."

What. The. Fuck.

"You'll get higher viewer ratings and I'll get more box office sales, it's a win-win situation isn't it?"

Taehyun's mouth dropped at the absurdity of the word's that were coming out of Beomgyu's mouth. "Nope. Nuh-uh. No way in hell."

"You don't even have to do anything! Just don't deny the rumours when they ask you about it, and you'll be fine." Beomgyu was growing more desperate, and it was growing more obvious.

"So you want me to date you as a publicity stunt? Is that what it is?"

"Nonono, it's not a publicity stunt... let's call it a... uhm... ah yes! A way to get more exposure- a bargain, if you will," Beomgyu smiled.

Beomgyu leaned even closer and pouted, which quite honestly instigated Taehyun's fight or flight instincts. "Pretty please...?"

Taehyun paused. He was starting to get a bit curious. His directors would absolutely love more exposure, and it would probably also mean a raise- he wanted to let Beomgyu continue just to see what was in it for him. (Or perhaps he just wanted to entertain the other for a while, because Beomgyu's flailing arms and pleading eyes had that sort of effect on him.)

"And how am I supposed to know how long your movie is going to air...?"

"Uh... looking at it right now I'd say about two weeks? Though it could change depending on how well it does- hey hey hey don't look at me like that! It could air for an even shorter time if it does badly okay?" Beomgyu was really grasping at straws to persuade him, and Taehyun kind of liked the way he looked so flustered.

"And what happens afterwards?"

"We'll tell them we broke up- too much on our schedules to meet or something," Beomgyu ended, looking at Taehyun for a sign of his answer.

"... I'll think about it. BUT, on one condition: no PDA. I'm not gonna go around holding your hand or kissing you or anything like that."

Beomgyu heaved a sigh of relief, before flashing a small smile at Taehyun.

"Yes, okay, no PDA it is then."

--

On a Wednesday morning, Taehyun walked through the sliding doors of his company building. To, once again, a mass of reporters.

"You were seen with actor Choi Beomgyu in a parking lot yesterday, do you have anything to say about the meeting?"

How did they-

"Do you have any comments on Choi Beomgyu's third movie, My First Love?"

He hadn't even watched the trailer. And he wasn't going to.

"What do you like most about Choi Beomgyu?"

Absolutely. Nothing.

Taehyun stopped, closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He was starting to get tired of hearing the name everywhere he went, so he weighed out his options. What would he lose? What would he gain? And then he heard the question.

"Do you confirm that you are dating Choi Beomgyu?"

He exhaled.

"Yes."

Two weeks wouldn't be that hard... right?