Chapter Eight: Level 5 (part 2)

We went through the gate to the last and final level.
This time, there was a mall there.
I guess it was a neighborhood after all, there were houses, a park, and now shops.
The kids stayed outside to guard and Sadie, Caleb and I, went inside.
Caleb suddenly had a change in mood, he looked mad again.  Just decided to ignore it and think of what's most important right now, escaping.
We entered the mall carefully. It seemed like any other mall, yellow lighting, many shops, the only thing was, it was empty.
"Let's start looking for an exit," I turned to Sadie.
"I guess you guys will be doing your little girl team again." Caleb stops off into an unknown corridor.
"What's his problem?" I ask.
"I don't know, but yeah we should." Sadie agrees.
I start walking around when Sadie stops me, "wait."
I turn my body and make eye contact with her so she knows I'm listening.
She sighs and slowly puts her hand on my cheek and leans in.
"Sadie!" I say, without thinking.
She opened her eyes, looking crestfallen.
"I-I'm so sorry. We can't do this, not now." I look at my feet.
She just bites the side of her cheek and starts walking away, "sorry..." She mumbles.
I feel terrible.
"Let's look for that exit," I pleaded.
"Yeah, alright." She responds, lazily.
She goes up the escalator and finds an exit door.
"Hey — " she begins.
"SADIE," I cut her off.
The shadow man suddenly came up from behind Sadie and aggressively shoved a sharp blade into her stomach, slashing it open.
The once cheerful, loving girl, now wore a blank expression on her face.
Her body crashed down to the ground, blood gushing all over.
And that was it.
With a mad cackle from the shadow man she was gone.
She was dead.

________________________________________________________________________________

Authors note

special credit to my good friend Clair ( clairpotter ) for helping me with this story <3